Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to save your VTT?

I'm new to Roll20 and D&D. I'm looking at dragging my online friends into D&D and want to use Roll20. So far i'm doing the tutorial learning my way around the interface etc.  One of the tool tips had a link i clicked on and it loaded a wiki page and when i clicked on the Back button of browser it returned me to the VTT but my background map and Token was gone. I expected it to be saved or something. So how do you save? the tutorial i started last night and couldn't find a way to save or bookmark my place. Thankfully i can jump to where i last was on the contents list. But just wanted to know how to save your content/setup in VTT editor?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
The tutorial does not have the save function that all the regular game rooms have. The regular games automatically save any and all maps and tokens you place in the map area.
Pat S. said: The tutorial does not have the save function that all the regular game rooms have. The regular games automatically save any and all maps and tokens you place in the map area. Ok thanks for letting me know :) So with the automatic saving for games is this periodically eg every 3-4 mins or/and also just before its window is closed (if that is even possible) im guessing there is a Last Save timestamp somewhere so you know you are good to close down.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
It just does it automatically and constantly.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Pro subscribers also have access to a daily snapshot for the last week or so:
Ok thanks guys :)