Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Overpower Weapon for 3lvl starter character !?

So i am going to be GM for the first time and i am creating this Darksouls type darkfantasy-world (D&D 5e) and one of my friends wanted to be undead and came up with a pretty good backstory and well.. Now there is a undead PC. His backstory included disguised demon offering him this one cursed greatsword ( that did lead to his demise and becoming undead )  And it was up to me to create that sword for him and this is what i came up with, but i am afraid it will be too powerful, because i have no experience being a GM... So here :  The Nosferatu - Bane of the Undead Greatsword Weight = 15  Attack = Strenght +3 Damage = 2d6+3 Secondary +2 Lifesteal/Necrotic  Special + Every hit recovers 2hp/maxhp back - Only undead can wield it, human will get sick, weak and die in 1D8 years ( he became undead because of this ) - Symbiosis with the sword. Every moment without the sword will make you suffer -5maxhp/per day. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Nosferatu Zombification table = roll 1D20 1.Sword will eat a part of your soul, while making it much more powerful +2d6 but in exchange drains your INT and WIS by 5. 2.Your body will rot next night = HP ja ALL your attributes will be halved  for 1D6 days. 3.Your body will start to break and heal rapidly -4 CHA, but Maxhp +30 for 1D4 days 4-6.Your sight becomes foggy and feel like they are melting in your sockets, you can't see more than 30ft. 1D20 hours. 7-9. Nothing happens. You feel the sword pulsating peacefully.  10. The sword will merge to your hand and becomes a part of your arm. You feel everything your sword feels and you can't let go of it. Everyday you lose -5maxhp, but because it is actually a part of you, you are much accurate with it = Advantage to attacks for 1D20 days. 11-13. Nothing happens. You can feel the sword being very restless. 14-16. You feel warmth in your otherwise cold body and feel very good about it. Maxhp + 10 1D6 days. 17-18. Sword starts to glow some dark light and demands sacrifices, starting with you. Maxhp -2D10, regenerates by hitting humanoids only 1D20 hours. 19. Everything sacred and good will make you vomit and you see dreams about torturing and killing priests and sick dreams where you kill innocent peoples in different ways. Instead of being good in any situation, you feel hatred and murderous feelings about the situation 1D8 days.  20. Nosferatu falls in love with you and offers itself for you ! You have a chance to become a human again ! If so happens, swords lifesteal ability changes to necrotic damage only and there is no need to roll this table anymore. Sword becomes just a sharp piece of metal. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Sooo, is this totally overpower or is this good or or or ? Because i do not know these thing enough ! PC is Paladin Btw. Thanks in advance !
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
From the Roll20 Community Code of Conduct : The Roll20 Forums exist to discuss topics directly related to the use of the Roll20 program. Anything that more fittingly could be discussed on another website SHOULD be discussed there. Here are some good places to discuss this topic: /r/rpg /r/dnd /r/dndnext /r/gamemasters