Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Double Notifications

Detailed Description of the Problem: Every time I receive notification about people posting on my listing discussion threads I receive two copies of notifications. See screenshot. Same happens for other people's games where I am a player. Every time someone makes a post in the thread I get two notifications. Does not affect notifications from private messages, it seems. Started yesterday (11/27) after the site broke down. This is not gamebreaking in any way, but it is a bit annoying.  Steps to Reproduce the Problem: Since it happened about a dozen of times already, I assume just posting something in the thread of campaign would trigger it. Description of Your Setup (Browser + Version, Operating System, etc.)  Chrome 62.0.3202.94, Windows 10 64, not quite sure what other info i can provide.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
If you had clicked the follow this topic under the post reply button and you are the original poster of the thread (or if you are the game creator and these are from your game forum), you could be receiving the double notification that way. A thread's creator is automatically following the thread so there is no need to click the follow this thread. A game's creator automatically gets a notification from any type of posting to his game (including the LFG listing for the game).
I see, so by default I will be getting double notifications from all the threads i start on my own games. Once because i am game creator and second because I opened a thread. I will be toggling off, thank you.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Actually if you are the game creator and the original poster in your game, you should only get one notification from it. Thread in the game forum are set to a global notification for everyone that is a member and there is no way to disable it.