Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Cant post anything to the chat log

Hi I am unable to post anything to the chat log - even when i send a chat message or  do a /roll 1d20 it is not coming up, i have checked my browser console an im getting the following error message Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: #sheet-rolltemplate-default title=test at Function.bc.error (jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2) at bh (jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2) at bp (jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2) at bp (jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2) at Function.bc [as find] (jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2) at init.find (jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2) at new init (jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2) at p (jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2) at Object.d20.textchat.incoming (app.js:45) at o (app.js:45) in the case of ininitive it does go to the tracker Weirdly I get the tops of the default template come through to my chat archive but nothing else here is a screenshot of the issue I was trying to set up some macros when this started happening  i'm worried that i have somehow broken something, i did try removing the macros from the game and clearing my chat archive but so far nothing has worked
Okay panic over - i dont know what but at somepoint something got copied to the chat log that it didnt like - i did a game copy without the chatlog and it works again, if i do the same copy with the chat log its still broken
Something else you can do to fix this is to clear the chat archive outside of the VTT.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
A game's Creator is often able to fix issues with their Text Chat by clearing the Chat Archive (note: not clearing your current Chat Log ). A GM might want to copy/back up the Chat Archive before the Creator clears it.
I'm the GM in question, i didnt realise i could clear the chat archive externally but will certainly remember that incase this happens again