Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Nesting Abilities in Nested Ability?!?!

Hello everyone. So this is very confusing and english is not really my first language but i am hoping you guys can help me to figure this out. So what i am trying to do is to nest a bunch of abilities into 1 macro wich i am hoping i can execute from another ability At the moment i can make nested macros menus with no problem usign the HTML numbers. But what i would like isa nested menu, that when clicked it also bring up another nested menu. I am thinking something like this: and then after i click on it another menu pop up I know this is possible by making it to a macro. The problem is that if i save it on the collection tab, any time i open it all the html codes dissapear, SO i was wondering if its possible to do the same from the character sheet as an ability istead. Hope you guys can understand what i mean, and that you can give me a hand with this. Thx Danny
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I had a similar problem, and eventually had to give up, as I couldn't make it work. It looks like you are trying to put a roll template inside of a roll template?  Look here , maybe you can get some useful info. It starts off with a simple question but about halfway through starts talking about what I think you're looking for.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Hi, Danny C. You'll want to use Ability Command Buttons for this. There likely should not be any need for HTML entities in your situation.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That's what I wound up doing. Each sub menu is a roll template in a macro, then I have a master menu macro that displays a roll template of Ability Command Buttons that call up the sub menus. I had hoped for a single Godzilla sized macro, but I could never get it to work.
Thx you guys, it work with [Menu2](~Game Master|Skills ), I did need to create a dummy so it whisper to it as i would hate if my players would whisper me as a gm all the time :). thx for the help