Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder sheet: Clicking tabs under Abilities does nothing, only All Abilities displays

Hey, first-time poster here but I've been using the site for quite a long while; just getting into the more advanced stuff now that I have a game running again. I'm noticing that on the Pathfinder sheet v1.699, when I go into the Abilities main tab and expand the Abilities section, then click one of the sub-tabs (like Class Features, Feats, etc.), nothing happens; I still only see the All Abilities area. Additionally I don't see a tab for Racial Abilities, and it seems like some of the entries on the abilities are missing (or maybe they aren't intended to be there; in this case it's a wolf NPC and it has no default Bite attack listed anywhere that I can find). I've tried this on both Chrome and Firefox (both versions up-to-date as of today), both in compact and full pop-out mode for the sheet. Tried the basic troubleshooting (clearing browser history including all the bells and whistles). Any suggestions on what I  might try? I did search on the forum here but didn't find anything on it. Thanks!

Edited 1512094898
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You will only see something on those sub-tabs if you have added an ability and set it's Rule attribute. "+" symbol found at the bottom left of each repeating section on the sheet.  If you have set the rule for an ability and it still doesn't show up under the appropriate sub-tab, there's a problem.  Let us know if this is the case.  You can use "special ability" as the classification rule for racial abilities. If you are using the compendium to drag/drop a wolf tot he NPC/Monster parse box, bite should be listed as an attack with the appropriate stats.  If you are manually creating a wolf npc, just create an attack for the bite.  Hope this helps.  Post back if you have more questions.

Edited 1512137566
Hi Vince, It seems like there is a problem or I'm misunderstanding. A picture example of what I'm seeing might help: You can see here that I've got the Class Features tab selected; however, it's still showing Feats. If you scroll further down it does display Class Features - but also things like Spell-likes, Traits, and Spec Attacks. Basically no matter what I click on, it's always showing All Abilities and doesn't actually filter down to only the things marked as that "rule" category. Based on the behavior of the Equip section, where I change the type of equipment and it then displays only on the All tab or the selected category, that seems like what it should be doing. [edit] So I think I found what might be going on: All of my characters were imported from HeroLab XML exports (converted to JSON). If I create a brand-new character and add the abilities manually, it seems to sort them, but not if they're imported from HL.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Sounds like you've got it figured out.&nbsp; The HeroLab import feature has a known issue with handling abilities.&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet</a>... The sheet may not be able to properly identify whether something is a racial trait, a class feature, or other. You can reassign the category after importing, and future imports will not change a manual assignment.

Edited 1512146290
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
if you change the dropdown to something else then back to feats, it should put it in the correct tab. though really a recalc SHOULD fix that, it apparently is not checking the tab (for various reasons the hidden field for which tab it's under is different than the dropdown itself) I can check the HL import too, maybe i changed something on him that made it stop working. i tend to break things :)