Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

World of darknesss exploding die and reroll

So I'm trying to create a Macro for a game of Chronicle of Darkness. Its a dice pool system where players roll a pool of d10s trying to roll a 8 or higher on the die and the more dice that come up 8 + the better. If a 10 comes up the dice gets to be re-rolled and in some circumstances dice that come up 7 or less can be re-rolled once if the rote quality is applied to the dice pool and in some other cases the dice explode on 9s and 8s. So what I'm asking here is how can I make a single macro where the dice explode on 10s, 9s and 8s and the failed dice are re-rolled once. The Closest I've been able to get is getting the dice to explode on a 10 and re-roll failures with "[[?{dice|0}d10>8!ro<8]]" I can't find a way to get the 9s and 8s to explode and the re-roll. So does anyone have a way to do this or am I doomed to count my failures and re-roll manually? Thanks.

Edited 1512135021
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Probably the best you can hope for in this case is making the counting easier. Adding sd will sort the dice results in descending order. You can use cs>num and cf>num to color them. Something like this: [[?{dice|0}d10cs>8cf>10sd]] or /r ?{dice|0}d10cs>8cf>10sd
Thanks Aaron, I guess I will just have to stick to doing it the old fashioned way.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Grogmonster said: So what I'm asking here is how can I make a single macro where the dice explode on 10s, 9s and 8s and the failed dice are re-rolled once. Does [[ ?{dice|0}d10!>8ro<7 ]] work?