Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

FFG Genesys: Character sheets soon?

Genesys came out today, and I'm really stoked, and I'm considering switching over my dnd game that hasn't started yet over to Genesys. Is there any ETA for character sheets in Roll20 for the new system?
B Simon Smith
Marketplace Creator
Character sheets are created by the community, so it's essentially whenever someone with the programming knowledge decides to get around to making one.
The Star Wars FFG sheet uses the same system. Haven't read through Genesys yet, but there shouldn't be enough difference for it to matter.
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There are a number of changes between SW: RPG and Genesys. Genesis does not have an equivalent to Force Dice. The "species" is now Species/Archetype Destiny Points are now Story Points Some skills are based on the setting (will need an on/off based on setting) Strengths/Flaws/Desires/Fears don't have direct correlation to SW: RPG The different symbols (though similar) are different enough that it would need new pictures for the dice roller. One Alternate Rule allows for changing the Characteristic attached to skills Another Alternate Rule allows for a Nemesis NPC to have 2 Initiative slots You could probably start with the SW: RPG as a base but it would require a decent amount of overhaul to make it work
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Okay I decided I would attempt to tackle this. It does seem like there is a bit of effort needed to make this work, but I think I will have a "Alpha" version to test a Genesys Character sheet in around a week.
Nice!
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I make a wiki of the changes i have made so far, so there is some sort of progress report. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Genesys" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Genesys</a>
Oh lovely, thanks a lot for taking this on man!
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Okay, so the only thing I have left for the first Alpha release is the dice suggestions. I have zero idea how stable/useful it will look, but for a first attempt it should be playable soon.

Edited 1514134764
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Okay, an Alpha build (0.0.1) is available on github. I figured I would release it while I was working on the skill suggestions part, which is minor. <a href="https://github.com/KnowlegeRhino/GenesysRPG" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/KnowlegeRhino/GenesysRPG</a> Update: Looking at the skill suggestion code I am not sure totally how it works. When I was looking to add the appropriate groupings of skills like the character skill list should be I think I might break it if I did what I was trying to do. It is likely someone with better coding skills than me will have to take this project further than this. On the bright side it SHOULD be most of the way completed on the github and someone that knows how to do it, can upload it to the Roll20 github.

Edited 1514298877
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Okay I upgraded my account to pro and apparently there is an issue with the GM sheet with this version, so I will try to fix it. After I have a stable release I will leave it to the community to upload it to Roll20. Update: The issue seems to be with the translation stuff. The tags that call out the translations were not there last time I created a sheet so now I have to update all of the translation stuff to make the custom sheet work.

Edited 1514303138
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Okay 0.02 works as intended (except the dice suggestions which is still broken). To use this; You will need a Pro account You need to make a game with a custom Character Sheet. You will need to upload the contents of&nbsp;Genesys-CharacterSheet.css to the CSS section of the character sheet. You will need to upload the contents of Genesys-CharacterSheet.html to the HTML section of the character sheet. You will need to upload the contents of translation.json to the translation section of the character sheet. Save the changes to the custom character sheet. You will need to go to API Script section of your game and upload the contents of&nbsp;Genesys-Dice-Roller.js to the section for scripts, and then you will need to give it a name of some sort. Save the script. Have fun.
Thanks for this will give it a try.
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
0.0.5 I added the Genesys Setting Worksheet, I am not sure it is "pretty" but it is functional and should help build useful stories.
Hey Rhino, thanks for making this! I found a bug in the Motivation part of the sheet. The first row works fine but when I enter Information in Fear it automatically fills out the same info in the below fields for Strength and Flaw. Also, a Talent tab would be great.

Edited 1514500639
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Marcus, Apparently when I was creating the extra motivations they all listed as the second one, this has been fixed. As to the "talents tab" the old Star Wars sheet had this and it ended up having too many tabs. Talents are listed in the Combat tab, though due to Genesys having multiple types of encounters other than combat, in the future I may change it to Encounter tools or something else similar. The goal isn't to "support" this character sheet though. The goal was to create a sheet the community lacked and to let people that wanted to use it, to do so. If you want a talent tab, you can add one if you wish, I wont be offended. Update: 0.0.7 fixes the issues with the motivations and renames the combat tab.
Thanks again for making this, something I realised could be useful for both this sheet and the SW FFG sheets would be the ability to set it to either query or toggle whether or not final results cancel. Although this is not specifically part of any official rules, it might still be useful for homebrews and especially Genesys. Though perhaps it is better to focus on more important aspects of the sheet first haha.
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I think the sheet is now useful enough and it should work without issues. The Dice Roller script is still quite a bit ugly as the dice suggestions are not aligned to all the new skills. Also every time I try to remove all the references to "force dice" the script starts throwing issues in every roll.&nbsp; I did make some visual changes to try to align to the colors of the Genesys character sheet (except the characteristics arent blue). I am thinking I am only going to make 1 more update if i find anything else wrong, and then I will pass it to the community to go from there.
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
So I went ahead and submitted version 1.0.0 to Roll20 for review. Additionally I updated the wiki to better explain how to use the character sheet files while waiting for them to approve it.
Thanks a ton again man, it might not be the best but at least we have something solid to work with!
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Looks like it is part of the dropdown list now. =) So no need to use the github to make use of the Character Sheet.
Just checked the sheet and the API out and they work perfectly!&nbsp; You are officially my hero!

Edited 1515611452
I'm currently trying to test out the sheet and it doesn't appear to be working. Any advice?&nbsp; *edit* The sheet is saying version 1.0.0 if that helps