Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Subscription as player

Hi Im considering to buy a subscription (Plus or Pro). I'm a player, not a gm. In 2 different games. None of the 2 games are well supported by existing sheets (Earthdawn and Dark Ages). Can I create 2 custom sheets, with API code to support them and provide them to my 2 GMs?   I'm guessing no based on what I read. But please explain to me what is the shortest route to achieve that.
I do believe the only way to have custom sheets is by Pro. Without, I don't think there is a workaround to have the sheet being displayed and usable...

Edited 1512173163
admiralnlson
Sheet Author
What I meant to ask is: Does that work if I am the one getting the pro account, i.e. as a player, and I implement sheets (w/ API code behind them) and each of those sheets will be usable in either game (games created by GMs who don't have a pro account)? - Or do I have to gift my GMs pro accounts as well, on top of the one I get for myself. - Or maybe only they need a pro account and I don't and will be able to implement a sheet through 'their' subscriptions - etc. Bottom line: my GMs aren't the ones doing the work, I am.
Subscription features are only active in a game where the creator has a subscription. So if you have the subscription, you would have to create the game and give GM access to your GM.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
For what you are wanting to do, sheet with API capability, you will have to create the game so there would be custom sheet and APU script enabled or the GM of the current game becomes a subscriber. It would have to be a pro subscription as custom sheet and api is a pro level feature. To work on or create the sheet, you would have to be the pro subscriber or you would have to talk someone who is a pro subscriber into creating the sheet for you.
Aw... if only i have pro subscription..
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Another option would be to sign-up for a Pro subscription for a month, create your API and custom sheets, then gift your GM a pro subscription so they can use your sheet and API script, then you can let your membership lapse. If the API is unimportant, you could do the same thing I mention above, but only give your GM a sub for 1 month so they could implement the custom sheet, then let the GM's Pro sub lapse, too—as I understand it, the custom sheet would remain in play, you just couldn't update or modify the sheet's code...
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Finderski said If the API is unimportant, you could do the same thing I mention above, but only give your GM a sub for 1 month so they could implement the custom sheet, then let the GM's Pro sub lapse, too—as I understand it, the custom sheet would remain in play, you just couldn't update or modify the sheet's code... That is correct. Once in place, it will continue to function but the sheet can not be altered unless the game creator became a pro subscriber again.