Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Whisper chat macro problem

Why does this? /w ?{GM?|Rosalind Dunn ?|Mirumato Rin ?} ?{Message?} Generate this:   and how do I make it work correctly?  I want to select the person and then type the whisper message.  Also, why does the "GM" not work as a selectable option?  Thanks :-)
/w ?{person|gm|Rosalind|Mirumato} ?{Message}
For names with spaces, put them in "". Also remove extra characters that you don't want. So for the above /w ?{Who to Whisper|GM|"Rosalind Dunn"|"Mirumato Rin"} ?{Message?} The GM option here becomes the first now too as the first thing in a roll query is always the text next to the options, not the first option which is why it was not an option.
Thanks guys,  I really appreciate you helping out.

Edited 1512262661
Bast L.
API Scripter
NP :) edit: and thanks Vanakoji, I didn't know about quotes for full names.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
You could also write that like this: /w "?{Who to Whisper|GM|Rosalind Dunn|Mirumato Rin}" ?{Message} to avoid having to remember to put in the " all over the place.  Also, the query from ?{} will get a ? appended automatically, so you can leave it out of the label.