Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

No audio

Detailed Description of the Problem When in game, I can send audio from my device, and can see when others talk on their name tiles along the bottom, but no sound comes through. Other tabs in the same chrome window and all other applications play sound just fine. Steps to Reproduce the Problem This just seems to be the constant state of the thing. No amount of restarts of Chrome or Windows seems to do anything.  Description of Your Setup (Browser + Version, Operating System, etc.) Chrome Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit), Windows 10 64 build 16299
I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the site. Let's carefully work through Steps 1 through 8 of the Roll20 guide to Audio Visual Troubleshooting : Step 1: Make sure you’re using the most recent version of either Chrome or Firefox Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Give Roll20 permission to use your microphone and camera Step 3: Make sure Video and Voice are turned on inside Roll20 Step 4: Clear your Web Browser’s Cache Step 5: Make sure you have the right ports open Step 6: Check if your camera is working with WebRTC Step 7: Check that your camera is functioning Step 8: Do a bandwidth test If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 9 : Step 9: Solving Technical Issues Step 9.2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 9.4: Provide a bug report Please ensure that the Console Log is complete. Thank you!
I probably should have replied to this sooner, but I have eventually found the problem: Roll20 was creating a new audio device in windows and outputting to that. If, after starting the client, I went in and disabled the ghost speakers, it would come through the default ones normally.