Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Vampire The Masquerade] Thaumaturgy Macro

P.S: Beforehand I would like to warn you that I am not fluent in English and I am using certain resources to be able to communicate here, so I will try to expose my doubts very simply so that there are no errors. Hi people! In a Vampire game: The Masquerade I created a macro of Thaumaturgy, with its 3 levels. I did exactly that: &{template:default} {{name= **Thaumaturgy** *Elemental Mastery* *?{Level|Elemental Strength|Wooden Tongues|Animate the Unmoving}*}} **@{name}** *got ?{Level of Thaumaturgy|Elemental Strength,[[(@{Willpower}d10>4)]]|Wooden Tongues,[[(@{Willpower}d10>5)]]|Animate the Unmoving,[[(@{Willpower}d10>6)]]} total successes in your test.* The point is I would like to reduce it. She asks twice the same thing, practically. If I put "Level" in the two questions, the following would happen: Taumaturgia. Elemental Mastery. Wooden Tongues. Miles Better got Wooden Tongues total sucesses in your test. So I had to put one element asking the level and another also asking, but in another way. Is there any way to make the macro work with just one question? It is not practical to answer the same question twice when you have several alternatives. The right way: Thaumaturgy. Elemental Mastery. Elemental Strength. Miles Better got 7 total sucesses in your test. I hope there is some way. Thank you!

Edited 1512371671
Vanakoji
KS Backer
Try to keep it simple for ease of communication but it may be hard. To combine the two questions into one, you must do it as one. This means one question outputs the answer to both. This can be done by putting the rest inside one question. Try &{template:default} {{name= **Thaumaturgy** *Elemental Mastery* ?{Level|Elemental Strength,Elemental Strength}}  **@{name}** *got [[@{Willpower}d10>4]] total successes in your test.*|Wooden Tongues,Wooden Tongues }}  **@{name}** *got [[@{Willpower}d10>5]] total successes in your test.*|Animate the Unmoving, Animate the Unmoving}}  **@{name}** *got [[@{Willpower}d10>6]] total successes in your test.*} This puts the later part of the macro within the question. Things like &125; are to replace }} and ] to replace ]] as querys need those characters replace with the HTML codes.
It worked! Thank you very much, it helped me a lot!