Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

LF Feedback on my world unnamed/Worldbuilding "players"

Hey guys as the title says I'm really just looking for more ideas, feedback on my world below are some of my notes, I have a map but the pic would be too small to read on here. I mainly fleshed out the continent Moria Las because that is where my home group started but I do have plans for a "Chult" but I wanted a more Muslim/Arabian Nights/African feel to it, along as Wissenland (Warhammer), Jhin-Sao (An Oriental/India feel), The place where the Dragonborns live (A Dark Sun/Mad Max sortof place), and then Edon Yarm Mada, which I have no idea . So yea tell me whatcha think! Races Dwarves- Natives to Moria Las and first to colonized it, killing off a lot of the Dragons/Orcs giving the two races reason to hold a grudge against. I'm envisioning them basically as shorter Colonial Americans going into the age of expansion with technology such as the Lightning Train and if the party let them, guns. Orcs- Going against the previous idea, Orcish clans are gonna play the part of Native Americans, using weapons like tomahawks or the spear thrower, along with the classics. Because of the dwarvish onslaught, they wish to take back their lands by any mean but cannot for the most part agree to work together to this end. Also they will keep trophies of their kills. Elves- I'm going against the typical on this one for High Elves. My high elves are called Krem Elves will not be for the most part, forest friends but sailors a lot like the Kyrnn, actually they may be allies or maybe rivals. Idk yet, but I'm thinking Russian. So long haired (due to the fact that Russians did not shave but I do not think Elves CAN grow beards so hair) slender humanoids of the sea, maybe nomadic, just camping where ever they can like Gypsies? Also toying around with the concept of Communism. Wood Elves, Woad Elves, were followers of the Orcs being long lived but new to Moria Las, however because religious differences they split apart on their own. Like the Orcs though they use everything off the animals/plants and with that self cannibalism. Once the dead rites ends, a feast start and with the eating of flesh comes the high and memories of the dead. Eldritch Elves are Fey elves who lived in the Feywild and came in the plane. Sun Elves are called Sol Elves who lived in a sky city and sees other elves inferior. Dragonborns/Half-Dragons- Would be basically the Mangolian horde from the North. Believing, like their dragon ancestors, they require a large amount of treasure. Hence why they go out and raid. This ideal literately means everything for them, meaning positions of power are constantly changing solely on who has the larger hoard. Also those who are chosen by the highest power among these people, Vervada, develop closer looks and powers of their bloodlines. Kyrnn- Honestly these guys are a combination of societies so far, Egyptian with their beliefs such as their rulers are Tabaxi or cat people and they have a strong hate towards Yuan-ti, snake people. Greek/Roman with their technology/matters. And lastly Norse in warfare because I really like the idea of a Minotaur (Although technically they are not Minotaurs) crew ramming their ship into another and doing battle that way. Warforged- Don't really have a culture except for being machines except for the few who "Awakened" Humans- nomadic people attempting to settle somewhere but ultimately having no where of their own. All written knowledge of their past culture, history have been wipe out from a previous empire going to war with them and enslaving them. Hundreds of years later, they are still using word of mouth to spread their newfound beliefs and culture. After they settled what is now Edon Yarm Mada, they were again removed by the Red Children, Tieflings, and because of this there is always bad blood among these races. Halflings- Halflings are inconspicuous. They live among other races, and are almost universally tolerated. Even evil races have no specific hatred for them. They blend into the crowd, and you rarely notice them unless you're specifically looking for them. The halflings not only live like rabbits, mostly under hills or forests but seem to breed like them: it's not uncommon for halfling family units to reach double digits. As for religion most do not believe in any Gods, there’s no need/want for it, instead they “worship” the fey which for the most part involves parties. Though there is one portion of the race that worships a Boogeyman of sorts, only named “Shadow” in their tongue which haunts their dark living quarters, taking the old, sick and weak away. This practice is called Shadism. Gnomes- Modeled after the Scottish, they are a close knitted people that rarely gets in the way of other races’ affairs even the Halflings do not see their cousins often, or atleast most believes them to be cousins along with the Dwarves, Halfling being the more closer. They don’t even enjoy the company of another clan member and don’t you mention a Forest Gnome to a Rock Gnome. Much like the Halflings, Gnomish worshippers of anything are rare, they would rather spend their time creating machines, fine jewelry, or in the case of Forest Gnomes develop their magical skills, most often than not illusions. Tieflings- The youngest of the races, about fifty years mostly living in the land of Edon Yarm Mada. Very connected with their history and religion of the Saint Anung Un Rama the Redeemer, who was a half demon who was to let all of the Demons/Devils on to the world. Although he did this for a short time, he managed to close the Gate. However, some sort of demonic infestation affected the villages surrounding the area, creating the Red Children, Tieflings. Dark Dwarves, Elves, Gnomes- Depending on where you are these subraces are evil at worst and antisocial at best. Everyone and everything is out to get them including themselves. Trust is knowing who you are surrounded by and having the power to shield yourself from any threats real or not. Because of this large cities of these humanoids are rare and out of necessity. Politics are dark and bloodthirsty. Calendar Since the continent,Moria Las, is controlled mostly by dwarves, every Calendar is based on the dwarvish language. There’s 3 months, called “Knurls or Stones” in a Season or “Guld (Gold)”, 4 Seasons per Year “Eroth” meaning Emerald, 10 emeralds per “Mithrim” meaning “diamond.” The months are named after the twelve lords who created the dwarvish nation what it is now. The years are named after who is leading the dwarves at the time. When something happens to the ruler, it restarts at year one. 1st Guld- Korimel(January), Dastormm(February), Ysael(March) 2nd Guld- Nursith(April), Sognasthos(May), Oonithem(June) 3rd Guld- Elaril(July), Urmarilien(August), Hothen(September) 4th Guld- Rohnerim(October), Ostor(November) Borth(December) Fists of the Stone Tyrant The Fists of the Stone Tyrant are a sect of dwarves who believe that their kind was rejected by the gods when they were enslaved long ago. They have adopted the faith of Ogrémoch in order to gain revenge against the divine. Scarlet Mummers- "Fierce Joy" is the phrase they use to reveal themselves to Lliiran priests, who both fear and revere them (and aid and obey them unhesitatingly). Some Mummers use red roses as 'calling cards' at the sites of their slayings and work and within temples and shrines of Lliira. Holding a single, cut rose has become a wordless signal of membership in the Mummers or a call for Mummers to rally to the holder of the rose and provide aid. Groups I used in game Worshippers of Loviatar (Pain Eaters)- Loviatans often engaged in self-flagellation, often in the morning when praying for spells. They celebrated each season with the Rite of Pain and Purity, a ritual that involved followers dancing on glass, thorns or barbed-wire while being whipped by higher-level Loviatans. A smaller ritual occurring every twelve days involved followers passing their bodies through the flames of candles. During warfare, priestesses of Loviatar scourged their naked shoulders or tore their cheeks with their nails to evoke magic. Pain is the simple name given to a high level Loviatan cleric. Loviatar- (pronounced loh-VEE-a-tar), also known as The Maiden of Pain and The Willing Whip, was the evil goddess of agony and was both queen and servant to the greater god, Bane. Loviatar was a cold-hearted bully, calculating and despotic; she was the master of inflicting physical and psychological suffering and her portfolio included Pain, Hurt and Torture. Her symbol was a nine-stranded whip, with barbed strands. Cities Magentook- is ruled by the mage Aben-Dara. In many stories, Aben-Dara is a fearsome tyrant. Handsome and vain, this dwarf lord is infamous for his excesses and his cruelty. Yet other stories depict Aben-Dara as a gentle matron characterized by compassion and devotion to the gods. In truth, Aben-Dara is all of these things: kindly priestess and ruthless tyrant, wizard and engineer. Long ago two mages merged their souls and powers into a single body to defeat a hated despot. Aben-Dara possesses the powers of both these mighty mages, but control and appearance of the shared body shifts unpredictably. Sometimes one personality is dominant for days or weeks, while at other times Aben-Dara shifts between sentences. Lord Aben-Dara is a tyrant feared by his subjects. He is paranoid, lecherous and cruel. However, he is a brilliant engineer and gifted military strategist, and his tactics and innovations have helped Magentook triumph over many challenges. Conversely, Lady Aben-Dara is loved by her people. Compassionate, wise and devout, she does her best to improve the lives of everyone in Magentook. The lesser leaders of the city are split into two camps, each poised to enact the will of their preferred ruler; the Lord’s favorites slink into the shadows when the Lady governs, while the Lady’s ministers do their best to avoid the cruel gaze of the Lord’s followers when he’s in control. Two forces enforce Aben-Dara’s rule. The Lord’s Guard is a unit of heavily-armored soldiers, while the Twilight Eyes are an order of mages who specialize in scrying and divination. The Lady holds the Guard in check, but during the Lord’s reign the soldiers are free to be as brutal as they wish. Tyrania-The birthplace of the first Warforgeds which now protect this mountainside city. The city is much more advanced in terms of technology. Running pipes, streamtrains, and high buildings would the sights you would see here. The dwarven Forgemasters and Tradesmen make up the Tribunal, the ruling caste of Tyrania. Its voiced by a dwarven male named Fen’ir, grandson to Daegr, the follower of Tyrania. Him and the rest of the Tribunal meet in the Great Forge Hall. Daegr’s High Hall is his resting place as well the place to learn about everything technological. The Temple of the First Forge is where all of Tyrania’s Warforgeds are made and where those worship Tyr, the Mained God, the god of law and justice, pray. Hothur is a wealthy retired bounty hunter who made his real fortunate defending Tyrania against the Dragonborn barbarian horde from the north, as his reward he and his husband Gamal own a Hall as a home. On the mountain wall, are the names of the fourteen people/companies who were the founders of Tyrania. As expected, the city is constanting engaged with monstrous armies and those who fell are recorded on a giant slab of shiny obsidian called the Shrine Wall of the Fallen. The Handel and the The Fremde are rival brothel/taverns bonded only by an ancient bloodline. Wissenland-A chaotic wasteland to the far east where magic spills out from some sort of portal that affects magic users differently than anywhere else such like changing their personalities and physical appearances, gaining bonuses and flaws based on their main school of magic. Jhin Sao- The apemen Ku-Wong homeland modeled after asian/indian culture and that’s where is Hananuman lived in the Holy City of Shirdi. Clans- Chim Rama, Gurra Vishu, Orgutan Sheva, Samien Trimuri PLANES - ASTRAL SPACE FEYWILD -Swamp of Oblivion -Eldritchwoad MATERIAL -Air(The Mistral) -The Planet, Turea -Water(Sea of Worlds, Frostfell) -Earth(Stonemire) -Fire(Sea of Fire, Cider Wastes) SHADOWFELL -Lend -Limbo CELESTIA THE ABYSS -Nine Hells MECHANUS
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
From the Roll20 Community Code of Conduct : The Roll20 Forums exist to discuss topics directly related to the use of the Roll20 program. Anything that more fittingly could be discussed on another website SHOULD be discussed there. Here are some good places to discuss this topic: /r/rpg /r/dnd /r/dndnext /r/gamemasters