Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Interest Check - D&D BECMI

Before I do a bunch of set up work for a game I thought I'd take the temperature as it were. Anyone interested in playing some old school D&D? This is the BECMI (Basic/Expert/Companion/Master/Immortal) edition of the game. Yes, it's a very old edition of the game and doesn't really allow for min/max abilities or stuff like that. Some of the better modules written for any D&D edition were actually written for this edition of the game (yes, I intend to run some of these) and we will have a pretty good character sheet that someone created already so that's not an issue. No clue on day/time game would be (other then not Friday or Sunday) though I'm leaning towards Saturdays but it's not set in stone. Anyway, if I can get at least 3 to 5 players interested I'll move forward with this project and probably have it ready in a week to ten days. Let me know if interested. Thanks. Happy gaming all.
Does the rules cyclopedia cover this? The back cover says it has all the rules from the D&D boxed set series, including Basic, Expert, Companion, and Masters (no mention of Immortal).
I guess it could. I didn't honestly look at that book. It was pubbed in 1991 whereas the others were pubbed in the '80s. I guess it's something to think about since it does cover characters up through level 36. The Immortal stuff is more about transcendent aspect of becoming gods then it is about levels, so not really worried about that and worst case is that we could just use the original if need be. 
PM forthcoming! 
Definitely interested, depending on day/time. The Rules Cyclopedia has all of the reference material from the BECMI sources, and it has a few extra sections, including one about skills and another with two new classes (druid and mystic).  I didn’t love the supplemental material, but the core rules are all there.
I would be interested.   What time and day?
id definitely be interested
OK, well more then enough positive response, both public and private. This game is going to happen and already is down to just 1 slot open.
Depends on the day, but color me intrigued!
Gold
Forum Champion
I love to see old-school game offerings on here, and would be interested to hear the day & time of the game. As someone said, Rules Cyclopedia does contain the full rules of B/E/C/M. It is a later-issued hardcover book that compiles the earlier, out-of-print, box sets.
I am interested in playing. Every party needs a cleric.
sure i'm new to D&D would love to plat old school
The game is in fact being listed now at&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/97050/d-and-d-b" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/97050/d-and-d-b</a>... Everyone up through Marlon having been sent a private msg at this point. The game already has most of the people that have showed interest here in this thread in it with just one slot left open. Marlon was the last one to be sent a private msg because Gold still has an outstanding msg to them with no response but there is only one slot left. So, at this point Starting with Gerbil, I'm going to ask you all to apply to the game through the listing itself and sadly that will be the start of a waiting list (or if enough stack up, a second BECMI game). Thank all for the interest.
So, the day/time turned out to be Sundays at 6pm EST and a couple people couldn't make that so a couple more slots have opened up. If interested check out the listing link in the previous posting.
I'm interested
So is there an opening
Read the second to the last thing that Kal wrote above. It may help.&nbsp;
Magnus, I sent you a private msg 16 hours ago or so with instructions. If you are already in the discord server it lists then just mention Kal Jaxa to get my attention. If not then you need to join that discord server and get my attention. At the writing of this note there is now just&nbsp; one slot open . You should know there are 5 (including yourself) that were sent msgs over the 4 days that have not yet responded.
Gold
Forum Champion
I am not able to play consistently on the day/time that is most likely for this. Thank you for the invite. Happy adventuring!
Please note that there was a link to the game listing itself a few entries above AND... this game is now full. Just an FYI.