[CSS] Text Alignment

Axel
Pro
Sheet Author
Hello! I'd like some help with adjusting the repcontrols in my fieldsets. Specifically I want to adjust the vertical alignment of the text in the add and edit controls. No matter what I try, I can't get it to work. <vertical-align> does nothing, <padding> also doesn't seem to do anything. I can't get the text to align properly in the box of the fieldset buttons. .charsheet .repcontrol_add, .charsheet .repcontrol_edit, .charsheet .repcontrol_del, .charsheet .repcontrol_move{ background: #fae6c8; color: #204060; box-shadow: none; font-size: 0.9em; height: 1.8em; vertical-align: middle; } This is the resulting edit button: As you can see, the text isn't vertically aligned in the middle. Can anyone tell me how to accomplish this?
Jakob
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Look at the line-height - the text may be fixed at line-height: 18px or something similar. 
Axel
Pro
Sheet Author
Well, I played around with the <line-height> and <height> properties and managed to get it mostly right. It's only off by 1 or 2 pixels now, and I'm fine with that. :) Thanks.
Brian
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Note: vertical-align does not do what you think it does. It is not like the deprecated  valign  attribute of table cells. The vertical-align property defines how elements in a line sit next to each other, not where an element's children line up vertically. (I think setting vertical-align on a td element will behave like the valign attribute, but that's irrelevant when we're talking about buttons.) I don't know why setting the padding wouldn't work for you. I can only imagine you've got some other CSS that's overriding your attempt to set padding. I just tested setting padding with the selector .charsheet .repcontrol_edit  and it worked fine.