Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[LFP] Dungeons & Dragons 5th - New players welcome - [Schedule Open For Discussion]

Edited 1512862977
Edit: All spots have been filled. Greetings, hello, hail and other such utterances. I am looking to start up a regular Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition campaign and as such I begin the search for players. As a Gamemaster I prefer Roleplaying over Rollplaying, narrative over mechanics. That is not to say that mechanics have no place, but simply that the narrative experience has preference over nitty-gritty rules-lawyering. I also enjoy all the "pillars" of D&D, that is to say Socialization, Exploration and Combat. The finer details of the campaign I prefer to discuss with players, no use in me preparing for a grand adventure if the players would prefer a game of local politics. If you are new to the game, or new to more narratively focused games, but have an interest in giving it a go then do not hesitate about joining. I do not mind in the least taking things at a pace that everyone can follow. Nor do I mind taking the time to introduce new minds to this wonderful hobby. As written above the schedule is open for discussion, so that we can find the dates and times that best fit everyone. I am looking for 3 players, as one spot has been filled already that would bring the party size to 4. A smaller party size than many groups, but a size I prefer, as it gives all players time to shine. On a biographical note I am a 23 year old male hailing from Scandinavia, Denmark to be specific. I have been playing Pen & Paper for over ten years now and much prefer the role of the GM to that of the player. So does any of this sound interesting to anyone? Would you be interested in joining in such an endeavor? If so write, and join me in what I hope and anticipate will be a wonderful experience.

Edited 1512840957
Yo, I'm up for doing this kinda thing. add me plox, I have some cool ideas for a campaign if you're willing to try that is. I live in GMT so I should be fine to play whenever you are ready.  OH and I'll be available on the weekdays after 4pm GMT, I'll most likely be on around 12pm - 12am GMT on the weekends.
Hello from Virginia, USA. Do you have an approximate idea of the day and time you would wish to play? The earliest I could play would be 17:00 eastern USA time, and the days I am available are Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
bblackmoor said: Hello from Virginia, USA. Do you have an approximate idea of the day and time you would wish to play? The earliest I could play would be 17:00 eastern USA time, and the days I am available are Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. A good question. Both me and the other player are from Denmark, but both of us are awake primarily in the evening. That makes the best times for us to begin playing somewhere between 11am and 2pm eastern. For me all days, excepting Mondays, are open. That does, unfortunately, seem to make this a poor fit for you. But I wish you all the best luck in finding a campaign that fits you. 
Good luck! :)
I would be intereste di playing if the games could be scheduled for saturdays or sundays
if there is still room I am pretty new and I would like to play, my schedule is a little bit crazy but I am home most days, just during a game I might have to go off for 15-30 mins depending (I am a caregiver for my mother and grandmother so if they need help I need to go help) I am also very new to 5th edition, last time I played was 13 years ago but I have a good idea of how everything works, been leafing though the rule book I downloaded and I always put a good story over game play, more so if its good and a little funny!
Hello! I've haven't played a tabletop RPG in roughly a year's time. I've yet to play D&D 5th Edition but I've leafed through the rules & nothing seems too complicated. Consider me a player with a lot of rust & I'm still learning to use the roll20 app too. However I work shift work that depending on dates could mean I would have to leave games early or not attend. If there's a work around I'd gladly join this campaign.
Hello Mathias,  I see your queste for players and find myself open for a mid-week evening game. Perhaps we can help one another out by working together. Me as player, you as GM/DM or other such names. I have some experience with DnD 5e, though I feel like there is yet so much to learn. I also have some character idea's laying about that could work within a party. Though I am not from mighty Scandinavia, I am in the same timezone, so your evenings are mine as well. Please, send me a message if you think I am a fit to your party.
Hey, I would be quite interested in joining. I'm relatively new to the hobby with some Pathfinder under my belt but I've watched a fair bit of 5E and am familiar with the rules. I'm around your age and from Scotland so timezones aren't that different - I assume the game is in English? My schedule is quite free at the moment so I'm flexible on times. Hope to hear back from you. Cheers.
Wonderful to see so many replies, but with so many replies it becomes somewhat difficult to, with some semblance of timeliness, assessing who fits and who does not. So I am instituting a simple policy, if you might fit I will send you a private message, should you not respond within an hour or two I will move along to the next person, again sending a private message. I will also update the primary post with how many spots are remaining. So, let us see if we can get this to work in a reasonable fashion. Fingers crossed.
From what you describe, this sounds like what I am looking for. I'm a fairly new player, but I understand the basics. If there is still a spot open by the time you get to me, then likely I'm still interested.

Edited 1512861332
Hello there, I would like to join your group. I play D&D since approx. a year, but unfortunately, most times i had to fill the DM gap. I am 20 years old and im from germany, so the timezone should be the same as yours. my free time changes every week, but i should have at least 2-4 evenings free for p&p per week.  i hope you give me a Chance. Greetings Jonathan
And with that the party has been found. My apologies to those who wanted to join, I hope you all find some fantastic campaigns to be a part of, with just as fantastic people. Until next we cross paths, all the best of luck.