Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Chrome voice and video...works in every application except roll 20.

I have no idea what's going on and could some help. My microphone and camera works in windows, google hangouts, discord, skype, various video capture software. My speakers work in chrome (youtube, netflix, crunchyroll, hulu, google hangouts, discord, etc.) The one place it doesn't work is here. 60 Meg DL 6 Meg UL 15 ms latency, 0 packet loss. I have all chrome add-ons disabled for roll20.net. When I speak in Roll20 I don't see the bar above my name register. When anyone else speaks in Roll20 I do not hear them.  I've gone through the help file and am at a loss. Latest version of Chrome, Windows 8.1
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Alrighty, this is an issue that can have dozens of causes so you'll have to be patient with me as I try to walk you through the checklists of things that could be happening. :) First, would you please carefully work through Steps 1 through 8 of the Roll20 guide to Audio Visual Troubleshooting ? Step 1: Make sure you’re using the most recent version of either Chrome or Firefox Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Give Roll20 permission to use your microphone and camera Step 3: Make sure Video and Voice are turned on inside Roll20 Step 4: Clear your Web Browser’s Cache Step 5: Make sure you have the right ports open Step 6: Check if your camera is working with WebRTC Step 7: Check that your camera is functioning Step 8: Do a bandwidth test If you reach this point and sound is still not working for you, let me know and we'll move on to the second checklist :)

Edited 1513177305
Is there a way to test without pulling another player in?  As far as I can tell I cannot run a dummy session.  I think creating a test account is against the EULA and I don't want to break any rules.  FYI I did all of the above last 3 sessions before switching to skype/discord/etc...including switching to Firefox. Will try again. FYI they can hear me I cannot hear them.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Many people have dummy accounts for things like recording a game without the GM interface showing.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Creating a second/dummy account is not against our Code of Conduct.  You can not test A/V without a second person in the game.
Oh okies I will test that when I am off work then and get back to you. TY :)