Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[LFP] [D&D 5e] Mini Adventures for New Players Friday or Saturday 7:00 PM GMT (Voice)

Edited 1513206153
Hello everybody, I would like to arrange, on a monthly basis, multi-week sessions tailored for new players. These will be for people who are either brand new to tabletop RPGs, or D&D 5e or have only played a session or two. Ideally, I would like to have 4 sessions for each group with the first being a session zero. In session zero, the group will talk about the type of mini adventure they'd like to play and the world their characters may reside in. And it will be my job to craft the adventure fitting to their desire and their experiences... as best as I can. However, these sessions will not lead to me DMing a long term campaign for any group. (I'm not an amazing DM so you don't want that anyway!) On the plus side, you will get three guaranteed game sessions DMed by myself without worrying about a DM bailing after the second session. To fit around my schedules, these sessions will have to be on Friday or Saturday evenings (GMT). Edit: I am planning sessions for 7-10 PM ideally (3 hours). My plan is to start this in earnest next year so I'm laying down some of the ground work now. And to make sure new players get the appropriate level of attention and help, I will be limiting groups to four players. I'm also thinking of potentially having a fifth player who is experienced and could help out others. My goal is to try to make brand new players' first experiences with tabletop RPGs an enjoyable and useful one. We all had to start from the beginning right? Let's try to help each other out to enjoy this game. If you are new to this wonderful world of tabletop RPGs and want to just try it out for a little bit, please PM me and we can arrange a session zero. If this proves to be a good idea, I will continue posting monthly for new players to have their first taste of tabletop RPGs. Thank you
Hey my buddy has been tryin to get me to play at a card shop with him. Would def like to join up for a crash course. Hmu !
Rich K. said: Hey my buddy has been tryin to get me to play at a card shop with him. Would def like to join up for a crash course. Hmu ! Hi Rich, Thanks for your reply. Will send you a PM soon.
Hello Martin, I am very interested in this! Am brand new to the game. Played some LOTR back in high school, but that was some 10 years ago!  Now the DnD bug has really hit me, I've got myself some books (PHB, Volos and DMM), and have familiarized myself with the rules. Really would like to play any character, and I think your approach of session 0 and it being a short story arc makes it perfect for newbies like me. Live in the GMT+1 timezone, so time should be ok for me.
Hi Cherokee, just PMed you :-)
Roughly how long do you expect each session to be?  I would likely be available on Saturdays, also currently working on crafting a character.
Hi Martin, I'm interested in these types of sessions you are planning. I'm new to the game but I've had a good read of both the PHB and DMG. I also have a mate of mine that would be interested in joining too. Cheers.
Hi Martin, I am very interested in these sessions. I have a good understanding of the rules but have only been able to play a few games with friends IRL. This would be good for me to learn how to use roll20 as I haven't played a game on here yet. I am GMT too and can do Friday or Saturday evenings. Feel free to pm me with anymore questions. Thanks, Andy
If you're after a 5th; I would be game. I've been playing D&D on/off for the last 15+ years, but, I've been a DM a good 80% of the time. I wouldn't mind actually being able to play as a player for once. Let me know if interested!

Edited 1513206171
Thank you all. I have now PMed everybody now. I will be closing applications as we appear to be a bit oversubscribed. And to answer Eric's question in the thread also: I am planning sessions for 7-10 PM (3 hours)