Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Any Interest in a Stars Without Number game?

Its a versatile ruleset that can be used for a great number of settings. I rarely see it come up and would love to run a game of it. Heres the bullet point features of the ruleset -Its very light, 3 classes, 1 race, 3 kinds of roll checks. Means it is easy to grasp and puts the focus on the character to make it different from another person of the same class. -It uses a Goal Based XP System. The party sets four goals. One per player, and when any goal is achived then XP is given to the whole group. This allows for a true sandbox emergent adventure. It is very improvisaonal. -The system directly states you are meant to homebrew for each game. rules are light on purpose to give a starting point. -You can go from Faerun, get on a spaceship, go to Shadowrun, fly to another planet and play Mutants and Master Minds, then fly to another and land on a zombie apoclypse version of earth where the hobbit wizard from faerun uses a plasma rifle to fight off zombies alongside a mutant with powers similar to Wolverine. It has a big focus on emergent story. The only driving force is that you begin DEEPLY in debt to a vicious corporation that will make your life hell if you dont pay. How you pay for your ship is up to the party, and from that a story emerges. sorry if its the wrong forum, been awhile since i posted and i forget if this kind of post belongs elsewhere. apologies.
I love stars without number, that's one of my favorite systems besides shadowrun.  I would definitely be interested.
great! thats one. anyone else? if we can get 4 people and a matching time to play im pumped to go
I'd be down for some SWN, I've run a very little bit (3 sessions?) of it and never played it.  My real limitation is probably time.  I'm generally only available after 6:00 PM PST, Tues/Wed/Fri/Sat...  But otherwise I'm good to go.

Edited 1512926744
I've run 42 sessions of SWN; being a sand box the hardest thing for the players appears to be deciding on what course of action to take. (Too many choices, is that even possible?) I've only gotten to play in two games; it would be nice to play in ine of the game time was Euro-zone friendly. 
Ive replied to your other posts treetop and we never got a group going :(  Btw im still interested! 
hi. i'd love to play swn. i'm ususally avavilable after 8pm GMT