Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Homebrew Pathfinder system mod for the Fairy Tail setting in need of playtesting

A long while back (2-3 years ago) some friends I used to play with came up with a pretty fun Pathfinder-based set of classes for the Fairy Tail setting. Unfortunately, both GMs have long since disappeared. But the time I spent playing with them was one of the most fun I've had with an anime-themed game ever. The system isn't 100% complete, but it's definitely playable and I'd like to know if there's anyone interested in joining up on Saturday or Sunday evenings to try and have fun playing a Fairy Tail campaign while at the same time playtesting the system itself as I attempt to finish what my old GMs started. I say play, but if someone becomes interested in GMing after a while, that would be awesome as well. I've had no luck getting to play games, as every GM of every game I've joined has always had to quit well before finishing the game. So getting to play would be a majorly awesome event for me, provided that the game was run by someone actually able to stick it out. So far, the finished classes only needing minor modifications are: Dragon Slayer Maker Magic Requip Wizard Celestial Spirit Wizard Ones that are mostly finished but still need some work are: Take-Over Wizard Support Wizard (needs better name too, lol!) Customizable Holder and Caster classes (for those who don't want to play one of the above classes I am relatively picky when it comes to setting-specific games like this, so just to give you an idea of the type of players/potential GMs I'm looking for; the ideal candidates would be: Someone who is a real fan of the Fairy Tail series and appreciates it for what it is. Not someone who's looking for a "darker, edgier" version of the story. Obviously, being familiar with the series is important as well in order to help build the unfinished parts of the system to truly fit within the setting. Someone who is reliable. I work 40+ hours a week, so I know how real life can interfere with gaming availability. But if you know ahead of time that your schedule is going to pull you away from most games, that you're going to vanish once the school semester starts up again, that you're about to get deployed to the military, that your theater troupe is about to go on tour, etc, then please don't join up only to disappear after a short time. (All those are real reasons my GMs and players have vanished, btw.) Someone who is nice, and plans on playing a (at least mostly) nice character that actually fits in the setting. This ties in to the #1. I don't hate on anyone for their personal preferences in gaming and character styles, but obviously everyone has their own preferences and for everyone to enjoy the game as a whole it's a good idea for those preferences to (again, at least mostly) line up with each other. To clarify, I don't want people to play a character that wouldn't fit in with the Fairy Tail guild. If you're familiar with the series you know that people either love it or hate it for it's themes of friendship and the fact that none of the main characters die. So if you're wanting to play a crazed mass-murderer, evil scientist, or other type of psychopath, then this isn't going to be a good fit for you. I also request that you not make characters designed to troll the GM or the other players, or characters that are extremely silly. (The Jiggle Butt Gang may be funny in a random filler episode here and there, but no one wants them to be main characters!) Obviously, there are characters like Gajeel who start off bad but become beloved friends after their introduction, and this sort of character arc is fine. Just let me know if you have specific questions about your character personality, background and goals. Someone who is more interested in telling a good story and having fun than making the most broken character possible. This is Fairy Tail. You already know that you're going to become very powerful over time, but remember that we're starting out as newbies, not S-Class wizards. It's not necessary to power-game, because the challenges are going to be geared toward giving you as much enjoyment as possible, not to kill your characters. Also, due to this being a work-in-progress, if something pops up that is blatantly OP compared to the other classes, then it will almost certainly be nerfed to bring it back in line, as the goal is to have all the classes be equally playable and fun. So be prepared for that possibility. If the only reason you enjoy playing your character is because they can steamroll everyone else in the game, then you're not going to have fun in the long run. So, if you still think after reading all that that you'd still be interested in a game like this, please reply! Please respond with: Your reason for wanting to join the game How familiar you are with Fairy Tail What type of character you'd like to play (don't have to be super-specific, just a general concept is fine) Whether you'd want to GM or play, and your experience with GMing if you're interested Are you ok with spending time just roleplaying and interacting with players and NPCs? Or do you prefer staying in the thick of the action most of the time? Are you available on weekends, mostly in the afternoon/evening hours? (I'm in the EST timezone, so between 6-9pm is what I'm hoping to have as a start time) Any questions you may have about the game, the system as it is so far, the playtimes, or really anything :) I hope that you're all having a good holiday season so far, and I hope that this at least catches some people's interest. Hope to hear your responses soon!
Bump/Update: I've had one person respond, but they're only available after midnight EST. Is there anyone out there interested who might be able to play in this timeslot?