Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Only War Character Sheet

Edited 1513114953
Hi, apologies if this be better directed elsewhere or at someone specifically, but is there any possibility of the Only War sheet being updated? Looking to run with it soon but there are a few items which are proving a little tricky to work with. For example many of the skill rolls indicate DoS, while this is great to see at a glance, would it be possible to alter the output or expose the sheet in some way to first off stop it saying: "...with -0.5 additional degree(s) of success!" That isn't a half degree of success, it's half a degree of failure but the text is of course off and throws you a little without scrutinising it. Minor annoyance but in early testing with a few players we got confused on first glance and still do now and then about the numbers. In addition without mousing over, there are mechanics which do special things when a double is rolled or ones where we need to see what number is rolled. For example rolling to hit. On a double (11,22,33 etc) an NPC gets hit instead of the player when shooting. The number rolled determines where the player character is hit when reversed against the chart. Doubles determine whether a psychic power fails or brings daemons into the world. Again, not ground breaking and requires a mouse over but QoL and all that. The DH2 sheet which was also developed looks the absolute Emperors Light and I'm actually more tempted to run OW using the DH2 sheet since it seems to output in a friendlier format to see the key values even if it doesn't quick show DoS and the extra tabs for holding sections are excellent to keep it all off one page, especially the NPC tab which will make things a lot neater for me to use when creating adversaries. If it wasn't for the fact I haven't got a section I can use to properly include regiment information without reusing a section, which I'm inclined to do anyway and crowbar it into journal or something, it would be a much friendlier one to use. I place myself at the mercy of the Administratum to review.
The "-.5" degrees pf success was the only way to get the buttons, in html and css, to show degrees of success at all (if I remember right).  Otherwise, it would be raw numbers or just "yes it succeeded/no it failed".  An accurate means of determining levels of success and failure is available through  API Scripts, I believe. The double digit check is only possible with API Scripts, and cannot be done with the simple html and css of a sheet.  Yes, whoever wrote the Dark Heresy 2 sheet needs to have a beer bought for them.  It looks and acts great to me.
I suppose on balance if it's the only way to get it working without custom scripts then there are more things with DoS than needing specific digits that it makes sense. Fair do's. If that's the case will see what I can do with the pair of them and whatever the unaware human sacrifices  players find easier to work with. I am reviewing sub level now I'm back in the GM mindset anyway... Much appreciated!
I could just make a regiment section for the dh2 sheet.... To do or not to do....