Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] Interest check in DC Adventures/Mutants and Masterminds 3e game

Hey there! A couple of people I know and I have been discussing the possibility of running a DC Adventures/Mutants and Masterminds 3e game.  I'd probably be playing rather than GMing it.  So, we thought we'd see if anyone would be interested in the idea. If so, would you want to play original characters, or canon DC characters (or even Marvel characters built using these rules)?  What sort of game do you like (heavy roleplay, heavy combat, combination of both, "four color," dark and gritty, realistic, etc)?  What sort of expectations would you want to see come to fruition in such a game?  Are you more a loner type, or a team/group cooperative player type? We're wanting to it to be fun, and the probable GM will handle things in the spirit of, and the GM's interpretation of the rules (because let's be honest, sometimes rules wording is not always clear and precise), rather than the set in stone "rules as written" method.  It, in our opinion, keeps the game moving and flowing, and not getting bogged down by someone saying, "You're supposed to make a Reaction check for that!" or something like that.  It's just more fun when you're not quibbling about what exactly an Agility of 2 allows you to sidestep, or you want to argue about who's stronger, Ares or Superman, or something of that nature.  Therefore, the spirit of the rules and the game rather than being rules lawyers. If the nature of the game, the play style, the setting, or any or all of these things catches your fancy, drop me a line and we'll see if we can't collectively put something together that will have something for everyone.  Thanks!
Oh yeah, I should have mentioned: New players, completely new players to roleplaying, DCA/M&M, etc is perfectly fine! I'm 99.2% sure my friend will be GMing (always have to leave a little wiggle room for error)! The time zone is US Central (for me) and Eastern (for him).  That's UTC/GMT -6 and UTC/GMT -5 respectively We're laid back and like to enjoy roleplaying with people that like to roleplay! If I think of anything else pertinent, I'll be posting it Have a great day!
Hey Karyn,. My friend and I are definitely interested in your game. We are both long time comic and TTRPG fans and absolutely love the Supers genre. We both ran supers games for our old group and would really like to find a steady play group of like minded, players who enjoy roleplaying, as well as action and good storytelling. Also he and I share the same timezones as your GM and you do ( Me:CST Ken: EST). Additionally, its a great opportunity for us to both be players for a change, as one of us is usually GMing.  You both seem to share some common interests and we're open to whatever suits your GM best (DC canon heroes, original heroes in DC universe, or all original). For what its worth, I actually write for the DC Universe Online MMO and both Ken and I are really big comic fans. please let me know how to proceed. I know Ken also said he would be contacting you, as well. Thanks! John
That sounds great!  If we can get enough people he said he'd start working on it.  We're looking forward to it, I know I am.  I'll shoot you a PM with the GM's message box and stuff Karyn
Sounds good. How many people are we looking to have? 
I have never done a pnp rpgs before, but I am a big superhero nut and would be interested, particular in original characters.
That's perfectly all right, I'm sure.  I can give you the information for the GM so you can talk to him, but I think you'll be perfectly fine!

Edited 1513776383
I've been trying and failing to find a superhero campaign for years that doesn't fall apart before the first session. The longest I've had any last was two before the GM flaked. It's safe to say I've been burned in this genre before, yet I keep trying. I might be interested in a spot, provided the day and time worked for me.  I've always liked the superhero genre and wanted to make my own characters for it. I played a lot of City of Heroes back in the day, and went through a phase as a young adult where I watched Teen Titans and read Young Avengers and Runaways almost ravenously. Though I'm not as familiar with DC as I am Marvel when it comes to settings, I'd much prefer the opportunity to make my own character if given the chance, and I'm not necessarily locked into any particular universe. I should also note that even though I've never really gotten a chance to play more than one session of M&M and that was back in 1E, I have a decent enough familiarity with making characters for M&M 3E, though I've yet to actually get to sit down and play it. I should be an old hand at it by now, seeing as I've done it for so many games that never happened at this point. It's actually kind of depressing when I think about it.
This is still in the works, so if anyone is interested/still interested, let us know.  We're uncertain, at the moment, of how many spots we have, we're still waiting to hear back from prospective players, but hoping we can do something soon with it
I would love love love to play but I'm a noob when it comes to table-top but I'm very knowledgeable about DC & Marvel though more so DC. Oh yeah! I'm the fastest man alive but keep that between us xD

Edited 1520239425
Is this still a thing? I've been wanting to play M&M forever and I love DC.. I've been roleplaying on and off for 20 years now but I've only had the chance to play M&M for 2 sessions, and only a few months ago. o_O My preference is playing original characters in the DC universe (non-canon members of the Justice League in the JLU cartoon, for example). I like the modern era best when it comes to comics. I'm usually a team player (I play a bard in D&D at the moment, on Sunday mornings/afternoons). I run a D&D game once every other Saturday evening. I'm EST (GMT -5)