Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

D&D 5e Summoner Class?

Edited 1513243514
Note - Sorry if I placed this in the wrong section. Didn't know where to properly put this and saw "character sheet" so I thought it would work I decided to DM a game with my friend, which we agreed on making a completely evil campaign. So that being said he decided to choose a Summoner, giving me a reference from the  3.5e version rather then the  5e version . When I asked him what was wrong with the 5e version, he said he didn't like how you were only allowed to " make "   a creature and not really summon different kinds of monsters. I have a few ideas on how I could give him his desires of summoning the undead and other monstrosities, but I wanted to see if anyone else knew of an easier and better solution. Was also curious on another solution because the 3.5e version also has multiple different spells and skills/abilities that 5e either changed or got rid of, which I'm still a bit new to D&D and I don't know which 3.5e spells work fine with 5e without being overpowered/broken. So basically, does anyone know of a Summoner class which allows the character to "summon" different kinds of monsters and not just "create" an entity that you bring forth. Summoning certain monsters from the monster manual.
you might be able to adapt the UA for druid into a alternative summonrer&nbsp;<a href="https://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/June5UA_RevisedClassOptv1.pdf" rel="nofollow">https://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/June5UA_RevisedClassOptv1.pdf</a>&nbsp;
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
From the Roll20 Community Code of Conduct : The Roll20 Forums exist to discuss topics directly related to the use of the Roll20 program. Anything that more fittingly could be discussed on another website SHOULD be discussed there. Here are some good places to discuss this topic: /r/rpg /r/dnd /r/dndnext /r/gamemasters