Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Chrome 63 Issue caused by WebRTC

The rollout of Chrome version 63 is causing a conflict with the outdated and soon-to-be-updated WebRTC library that is currently being used by Roll20. This conflict causes the loading of the virtual tabletop to hang and stall out completely. There are two ways to avoid this currently: 1) Before WebRTC initializes (meaning the sole Game Master is alone in the interface), going to My Settings and disabling internal Video/Audio. 2) Utilizing Firefox as your browser for the time being. We will have an update to help mitigate this problem early within the week, and beyond that have an overall fix for WebRTC voice and video coming to the Development Server very soon. Our apologies for not properly anticipating the scope of this Chrome issue in advance of the gaming weekend.
Has this been addressed yet? We're still unable to activate video chat within Chrome and Roll20.
if you set your game to use the beta webrtc yes it should work. there is a download concole log button should you experince issues download a log and use that  to submit feedback. during the issue is best. 
Any news? It's been almost two months.

Edited 1519003283
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Apparently chrome is still not working, no one in my group can work with Chrome . W ok we were confused about the word "beta" (beta is not on the dropdown) and "the GM can switch" however it still barely works on chrome. we can't use it even though we got video, sometimes no sound, sometimes sound is several seconds delayed ...
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I think the Devs have changed this from "Beta" to production, so it's no longer displayed as beta contrary to any ongoing issues.  ;-)