Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Gift Credit

If you buy someone a subscription, it says on the gift page that they get a "credit" they can apply some or all of to their subscription. Can that credit be spent on modules or marketplace items as well? Or only on subscription time?
To my knowledge, it only applies to subscriptions, not marketplace purchases.
Nick S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Translator
Only subscriptions as far as I know. You'd have to gift a particular marketplace pack for them to receive it.
Gabriel P.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
You can also directly gift people marketplace items .
Yeah, I know you can gift directly, I was just hoping to give the equivalence of a gift card so they could buy whatever they please. Ah well. Thanks for the answers!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Just to confirm, Marketplace Gifts and Subscription Gifts are separate pools.
Don't want to hijack this thread, but right now whenever I try to gift to anyone, I'm getting this error message: I've tested it with my own email address, which I definitely know is associated with this account, and still get the same error message. Anyone know what might be going on?
Trudy said: Don't want to hijack this thread, but right now whenever I try to gift to anyone, I'm getting this error message: I've tested it with my own email address, which I definitely know is associated with this account, and still get the same error message. Anyone know what might be going on? if your buying for yourself there is an option for that. if the person was a recently played with then you can select them that way. the email in question must be associted with an account other then yours for gifting other wise select myself. 

Edited 1513703700
lordmage said: Trudy said: Don't want to hijack this thread, but right now whenever I try to gift to anyone, I'm getting this error message: I've tested it with my own email address, which I definitely know is associated with this account, and still get the same error message. Anyone know what might be going on? if your buying for yourself there is an option for that. if the person was a recently played with then you can select them that way. the email in question must be associted with an account other then yours for gifting other wise select myself.  The error crops up even if I'm logged out, or trying to give to another player with their email address. :( I'll try the option to choose someone I recently played with to see if that works. Thanks! :)