Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Brainstorming Questions

Klone #29
Marketplace Creator
So I'm creating something that may be more than a map pack and less than a module, and I'm wondering how to present it. The basic rundown is as follows: I've created blank maps representing a dwarven forge/stronghold, and intend to stock them in 3 different ways: inhabited peace-time, inhabited battle, and abandoned. With 4 levels including the surface entrance, thats 16 maps, including the blanks. I also intend to have all the objects as individual files for customization. Now, here's where my questions begin. There are certain aspects of the maps, like elevators, portals, traps and puzzles, that need a bit more description and instruction. For instance, I've got a .png pit trap overlay tile that can be dropped if it's triggered. My first thought was transparent GM layers with descriptive text on them, and markers for suggested trap locations, etc., but those files would probably wind up too big. Is there a way to attach text files to our packages? Idk, like the title says, I'm just brainstorming.
Gold
Forum Champion
Hi Klone. Marketplace sets can include a PDF file, for text and illustrative instructions, and/or you can make an instructions page saved as a full-page graphic in the art pack. Check out the way that Tower Descent does it, with "Instructions & Tips" saved as graphics describing the moving pieces and traps. <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/928/towe" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/928/towe</a>... You can also email <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> for general inquiries about producing for the Marketplace.
Klone #29
Marketplace Creator
Thanks, Gold. Perfect reference, exactly what I was looking for.