Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Fog of War not revealing map

I've been running the Curse of Strahd module, but i've run into an issue now where Fog of War just seems broken.  I have one "Player View" because i run roll20 in person via a TV screen that shows all of the players.   All player tokens have "has sight," "advanced fog of war" set to 60. Dim light starts at 0 (dark vision).  But nothing reveals the map.  For map settings, Fog of War and Dim light reveals are checked.  Advanced fog of war settings don't seem to have any effect.
Here is an image of token settings, page settings, and what the player view (which can edit all of those characters) look like.

Edited 1515166277
try adding in a ratio in the 360 box. Full circle or a portion of it or since your on a tv you could just use old fasion fog of war and reveal as needed from the gm laptop. Also do the players has control of there tokens or do you. if you that is the reason. 
Hi Steven, I see that you have Fog of War enabled. Try Turning that off and see if that fixes the issue. Fog of War and Advanced Fog of War function separately, so when you have both active, the basic Fog of War will cover everything in black (unless revealed) covering up the Advanced Fog of War revealing. This is done so that if you have a super secret section of the map that you do not want your players sneaking into you can cover it up with basic Fog of War.
Thank you! I thought fog of war had to be enabled for advanced to work.  
Nope, they are separate systems. I will pass on word on perhaps clearing up some possible confusions in the future though! I will go ahead and close and mark this resolved. Happy gaming!