Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

D&D 5E Looking for group or players in European time zones

I'm looking for a group or players to form a group for D&D 5E. I'm a total newbie at roll20 but have some experience playing and DMing in 5E (although somewhat rusty). I'm looking for people in Europe so the time zone is at least a bit similar. If possible I would like to game with sound and webcams so it's at least a bit similar to getting together in real life. hope to hear from you! Best regards, David P.s.- ifI were to DM I'd already have a own world/campaign somewhat prepared (incl. flying islands with lots of different worlds to explore)
Hi David, My name is Radu, currently in Europe, GMT0 (Dublin), also new to rolld20 and 5e - though I have played and DM'ed 3.5 in the past.  I'm also looking for a nice and relaxed group that enjoys a good laugh over a dungeon crawl, my weekends are usually free and can join anytime by webcam and mike. The characters I like to play are not your cookie cutter stereotypes, I enjoy creating unique, funny, interesting, living personae and act them out in most unexpected ways, while keeping a light atmosphere around the table.  Your world sounds awesome - flying islands? Where do I sign up! 
Hey Radu! Sounds great! :D If we get a couple of more people who are interested we can try and figure out what day and time is best for everybody. The kind of world I've been working on is one where most of the population lives on thousands of islands spread on different heights above the actual earth. Some islands are culturally and technologically very similar while others are extremely different (pretty much giving the group the possibility to explore all kinds of scenarios and places and being able to play with your same characters through a wide array of worlds and settings. All the islands are in a fantasy setting so the contrast isn't to large but there will be some places that are far more magic inclined while others prefer technology and might have a sort of fantasy steam-punkish feeling to them, there might even be islands where the population is very stone-era like).    
Hey  my friend and i are looking to join another game, this timezone would suit us depending on what day, would be morning for us, which is what we are looking for, lemmie know this sounds very interesting, we both play 5e now for about a year and im currently DM'ing a STK game and looking to join up and play in one
Cody, I am mostly available during weekends (swamped at work at the moment), would that be OK with you and your friend?  What about you, David, any preference on the day? Do you plan to have multiple sessions per week, or once weekly? /R.
Weekends are best for me since getting a session started after work could get a bit too late. I thought we could start with 1 a week and then kind of see how things evolve from there and if we want to add more sessions per week. So I was thinking of giving it a couple of more days to see if anyone else shows up and after that kind of start planing characters, backgrounds, etc. so I could get this group going during the 1st or 2nd week of february.
Sounds good, count me in. Quick one so I know what kind of character to flesh out - any restrictions on alignments, source material, races, classes? 
Hi there, I would be interested in joining if you would have me. Weekends or evenings in the week (except Tuesday and Thursday) would work well for me. Please let me know if you want to know anything else.
Hey there! Are you willing to accept someone who is new in D&D but willing to spend time and learn? If you have no problem then I would like to join your adventure. I am UTC +2 and willing to adjust to the time you pick during weekends.
Hi guys, we'd love to have you guys. No problem with being a newbie, I haven't played in quiet some time and am probably very rusty rules wise, also since I've never used roll20 I think it might be a bumpy start anyways :p
hey if you guys are still looking for ppl i'm part of a group from the uk that is building a "guild" the idea is that every1 has a character that can join in one shots and every1 who is brave enough can dm. the plan behind the guild is to batlle the problem of missing players. Sometimes we (read our characters) just hang out at te guild it's a try out but we are always looking for recruits
Rhadiel said: Sounds good, count me in. Quick one so I know what kind of character to flesh out - any restrictions on alignments, source material, races, classes?  No restrictions at all, I really don't like limiting the players creativity and if alignments should be extremely opposite between players I kind of just see it as a fun challenge for all of us to find a way to make sense of different characters ending up questing together. As I said before the floating islands setting that I've been working on (work in progress however) has many different cultures and technologically different societies depending on where they are and how isolated they have been (some might not be able to leave their island, some might ride flying beasts to travel, use magic or even flying ships), it isn't really quite the straight forward setting in terms of style and feeling as the forgotten realms setting since everything can change drastically when you travel between islands (this of course gives the players the opportunity to create very different kinds of characters and it would still make sense since in this world it would all be possible). That being said, this is still a fantasy-esque setting so nothing sci-fi :p
Hmmmm... I was thinking a dwarf cleric, for the extra con and the ability to wear heavy armor without moving slower, with a focus on healing and buffing and maybe helping a bit at the front line. If there is an option to take a sub-race that could help with this idea even more, like the Hill Dwarfs that are mentioned on the site, then I wouldn't say no. Thats for the "fighting part". Other than that I was thinking of spending some points at charisma to be able to atleast speak with others in a good manner. About the feats I am not so sure and I would like to see some options but for now I was thinking about that I will need two feats, though I am not so sure when I can take the second one. The feats would be Actor, for the charisma bonus and either Luck or Inspiring Leader. Thats about as far as I could go with what I know about the game but I think its good to know that atleast we have a cleric :P
Soooo... here I am again with some a general update and some more info you guys might want to know about before jumping into this: First of all I've decided not to run the campaign on Roll20 anymore (sorry!!!), I'll be doing it all via Skype so there will be quite a bit of theater of the mind involved. I've decided on this because after doing a couple of try outs of roll20 I still feel I would get hung up on the mechanics to much and that it would end up killing the mood... if that's a deal breaker for you guys I totally understand! If not, here are some things you should know about me as a DM and my playing style: I'm doing this for the fun of it-> although I love playing I love DMing even more, I'm no expert at it yet but I guarantee that I put my everything into trying to make original and fun content for you guys to explore. In the end I think we are all here to have a fun time with a group of people who love the game; If you want to play, play-> I know that sometimes stuff happens and someone won't be able to make it but there's no point if a player doesn't show more times than he does. If something does happen let me know as soon as possible so I have time to change what is sort of semi-pre-planned; Be nice-> you would be surprised how often I felt this should have been said before campaigns have started since some people (any gender or age) can have a really bad temper and end up bringing a bad mood to the game by being passive-aggressive or just straight up a-holes, so be nice to each other; We can talk about negative points (after the session!)-> there might come a point where somebody doesn't agree with something that is happening during the session and a decision needs to be made, as DM I'll make a call and that will be it so the session can move on. I am of course more than happy to discuss everything after the session is over and to get some feedback as to how to handle a certain situation that might have appeared in session to come; We can wing it-> I like the rules, they are a nice starting point for us to build everything on... but that's all they are to me "a nice starting point". I really don't like a rules police during sessions and I will most likely wing loads of things during a session to keep a nice flow going and more often than not to turn a tide in the players favor; Homebrew-> I know this is a delicate subject for many people, I have nothing against homebrew stuff, my whole campaign/world is homebrew after all. If there is something you would like to use send it to me and I will take a look at it, if I find something to "broken" we'll discuss it and find a way to make it work (if I don't notice right away that something is to powerful I'll find some sort of way to balance it out);  We can wing it 2.0-> continuing this train of thought, I plan many small details and rough storylines but nothing is set in stone, so if your party decides to do something completely unexpected I will go with the flow and we'll see where we take it (if things get to far out of hand I'll probably do a 10min. break to sort some ideas but that's pretty much it); I'm not the enemy-> Can your characters die? Yes, they can indeed! Is that my mission in life? NO! However desperate a situation may seem remember that I'm in it to give you guys a fun adventure to play out, I'm not out for party kills and seeing your characters level up and evolve is one of the most fun parts for me! If anything at all I am the storyteller who is very inclined to help the characters progress :D  So if you're still on board after reading all that, here is some info on the campaign (all things that most ordinary people would know and adventurers even more so): As I said, the whole world is set on a planet where the majority lives on flying islands that float over the actual earth (there are thousands of them and they can be drastically different); The actual planet is very hostile and only a very small percentage of this worlds population actually lives there; There be beasts in the clouds! As would be expected the wild life has adapted to the world and there are many flying creatures and certain cloudy areas where huge beasts live and hunt; Not everything is discovered yet, with such a vast world there are many places hidden and yet to be discovered (specially as all islands aren't even on the same height and some can be quite isolated); Infinite races and classes can be found scattered throughout this world; Transportation is very air based as would be expected from such a world, there are a variety of flying ships (some fly due to hot air balloons or other engineering marvels and other through magic or crystals inside them, it really depends on who and where they were build), flying/floating creature or items and also the occasional teleportation device or magical portal; Swords, magic and... guns. Yes, I allow guns in this campaign but nothing modern, they will be in the like of what the pirates used needing to be filled with gunpowder and making them rather slow to reload and fragile to getting wet, but if someone wants a gunslinger type character then be my guest; Although I like the battle parts I do enjoy the story parts even more so I might at times have sessions where there are less fights and more other types of hurdles for you guys to get through; Role-playing is up to each of you, if you don't feel comfortable making voices and stuff that is not a problem, just go for a normal "<character name> tells you this information / tells you she is going to sleep / etc", but if you do like going all out on the theatrics that is more than welcome too!; I don't give out specific experience for a certain amount of enemies killed or who did the final blows etc., I award experience by milestones, so if your party manages to finish a certain part of the storyline you'll get experience or if I find that you all did something unexpectedly heroic I might award extra experience that wasn't planned but is well deserved for your effort. Like this it's not all about going into battle to level up but also about everything else that happens, be it social situations, problem solving or whatever else shows up along the way. So that about sums it up. If you guys are still on board let me know and send me your Skype contact (you can send me a PM if you prefer) so I can add you and we'll discuss further gaming plans there since this is the Roll20 page after all and I won't be using it. Best regards, David
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Only games played on Roll20 servers may be advertised for via Roll20 tools. Here are some good places to discuss this topic: /r/rpg /r/dnd /r/dndnext /r/LFG