Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

WotC modules

Hi cant see it listed on the market place page but if i buy a D&D module do i also need the monster manual to be able to run it fully? or are the needed monsters included? thanks
The monsters used in the module are included in the individual module.
roll20 uses the OGL for all SRD reference monsters. if you buy the monster manual , Volo's guide they will give you access to the monster's that are not part of the SRD but the official monsters of the license that they each contain. they are not required but do make things easier. the modules such as Rise of Tiamat would have the monsters and tokens that are a part of that. 
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I'm not 100% sure that modules are required to have the monster prebuilt or if they are allowed to use the OGL monster pictures for reference. I normally include the artwork for the monsters myself and then go from there.
if there officially licensed modules from WOTC then they will include everything needed to run it. example hoard of the dragon queen.  if the module is from a marketplace author such as yourself then it will have OGL monsters or non licensed references such as the several eyed horror. Copyright adherence is up to the content creator/Seller as you are aware.   Roll20 converts the WOTC content for are use via a licences with the copyright holder.