Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Read only API endpoint to access my characters?

I've seen a few posts that are a few years old talking about a REST api that doesn't seem to be a priority anymore, but I just recently started my first campaign with Roll20 and was interested in creating a Twitch Extension that would show a little info panel with my character data from my active campaign. Is there anything like this in existence or in the works?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
There isn't anything like that built in (the REST endpoint is for Dnd5e SRD content).  People have solved that in the past with a combination of Roll20 API Scripts (a Pro Subscriber Perk) and a script running locally to extract the information via the chat and send it to twitch.  I don't know a great deal about it as I've never done it, but there are peeps around that do.  You might be able to get the same functionality from a script running in the browser and extracting data from known elements of your open character sheet, but that's going to take a bit more work to get set up.
the only thing i know is that you set you can to public also a pro perk from my understanding and anything set to app players can be parsed dont ask me how. i dont have a need for that. if i stream my game i can use overlay capture to do it.