Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Ideas or Campaign. Starfinder

I've been out of DMing for quite some time, and have had the itch for some time. I was walking through my local game shot and bumped into Starfinder and that really ignited the itch.I've played rogue trader in the past and had a blast only thing is there is so much complex lore In 40k i could never dm it. only game i knew how to DM was dnd and pathfinder. so it was Awesome taking scifi and mashing it with fantasy. I picked books up and here I am. my bigest problem is i had always lacked creativity, i know what your thinking, DM and no creativity, how the heck does that work? well i have managed some how. so I need help with ideas. my problem in bast is i tended to railroad and was terrable at improv so i'm trying to be more prepared so i dont need to Improv as much, it'll always happen though but its better being more prepared. basic flow chart for adventure: npc1 hears rumor of a mineral rich planet, he sends scouts to investigate, they dont return, looks for people to Hire to search for scouts,  sees and trys to hire PCs..... mean while scouts get into a conflict with space pirates and get shot down.....ASUMING party accepts, they go try and find said scouts in a general area npc1 gives. pcs get in conflict with same pirates, pirates flee, and they search for scouts, return to NPC1 for reward. interesting catch though is Pirates ship in scenario is lead by NPC2. now In the past NPC1 killed NPC2 brother... NPC2 is a nobody trying to become somebody like his brother! The reason he was at the planet he heard same rumor about minerals and was trying to confirm it him self. it was only a coincidence he shot down the Scouts of the NPC he wants vengeance on. Because hes mad from loosing he's sworn vengeance on the PCs and he later will find out PCs are working for that man whom he wants the head of. now i bet your wondering why is the mineral important. well the current galaxy's supply is growing scarce, and NPC1 owns a mining company and his mine is running out. the mineral is actually a rare metal with high conductive properties and resistance to corrosion, and is used in High end electrics. Here is what I want out of this. In case group doesn't accept mission i need other content to some how get them to where they need to be without the Railroading, give them the feeling of choice. secondly side missions in case I need to pull something out of my rear. Perhaps more opportunities to expand on campaign. and example is the link to NPC1 to NPC2, NPC2 is going to be an on going thorn in the side villain. I'd also like to note the rescue is taken place in a small home brew solar system. they will start in Starfinder core and travel to said local. Thanks so Much!
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
From the Roll20 Community Code of Conduct : The Roll20 Forums exist to discuss topics directly related to the use of the Roll20 program. Anything that more fittingly could be discussed on another website SHOULD be discussed there. Here are some good places to discuss this topic: /r/rpg /r/Pathfinder_RPG /r/gamemasters