Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Video chat only displaying half the image

Edited 1515715337
Hello, all. I've been having an issue getting the video chat to display properly. When I'm sitting directly in front of my webcam, the avatar box only shows half of my face. I have to sit around 8 inches to the side of my webcam (and my monitor) in order to be fully in the window. I've tried this on 2 different computers and had the same problem. I've also tested the camera on Discord and Skype, and it displays fully there. I think that the issue is this: The icon in roll20 is a square window, but the webcam's total view is a rectangle. Instead of taking the rectangle and squishing it horizontally in half, it just uses one half of the image being generated. Instead of focusing on the center of it, the focus is from one edge to the center, leaving only half the image displaying. I haven't figured out how to fix it yet though. Has anyone encountered something like this, before? I'd like to use it instead of a secondary app elsewhere, but it's not working properly. Thank you! Edit: I guess I ought to say that I'm using Windows 10 and Firefox.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Same experience on Mac High Sierra and Firefox Quantum. I have to sit right off-center to be in frame.
Just want to jump in and say that I experienced the exact same issue last night. Confirmed that the camera was working properly but Roll20 only shows half the image. Firefox Quantum 57.0.4
Same problem here using firefox.  I can't get voice or video to work in chrome.  I don't know where to look to change to beta?
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
As said over there : The Beta Roll20 WebRTC is now available on the live production servers. It is not selected by default, you must enable it from the Settings (gear) tab, under the "Video + Audio Chat Options". This thread is only for the Beta WebRTC, which will eventually replace the existing chat option. For further assistance on the Beta WebRTC stuff, please click the 'over there' link :)