Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Problem with the ColorEmote Script + A Question on modifying it

Edited 1515757544
In attempting to set up the coloured emotes script by Aaron, our group is consistently having a problem where it's aligned to the left, or just isn't filling the vignette boxes (of any style) appropriately. The obvious workaround is to create images that already have a border, but it'd be probably be more useful if we knew why the script was doing this. We haven't modified it at all - it's causing this issue out of the box (as linked below). Additionally, is there any way to modify Coloured Emotes to instead have a background image? If so, where to do it (and guidance on how) would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Hmm.  It's because he image isn't square.  I was trying something different with the styling on this script, so bear with me on the changes... =D Take out line 78: 'margin-right':'.5em' Change lines 187-188 (width and height to max-width and max-height):         defaults.css.emoteImageContainer['max-width'] = imageScales[state.ColorEmote.config.imageScale];         defaults.css.emoteImageContainer['max-height'] = imageScales[state.ColorEmote.config.imageScale] That should allow it to snug up the vignette boxes to the shape of the image (though you might still get some artifacts around the edges). For a background image, the background-color is set on line 217.  The color comes in from the parser functions starting on line 557.  If you just want to put in a background across the board, you could change the background-color line on 217: background: url('http://some/url/to/an/image/_/anywhere/is/fine.') If you want to do anything more complex that that, it will be a fair bit harder...
Gold
Forum Champion
Color Emote is such a great API script for Roll20. My games wouldn't be as good without it, coloring up the chat and giving Players more of a colorful reason for writing in-character-voice.  My players often keep a "second game" of Roleplaying dialog happening in the color-emote chats, even while the main game and combat proceeds in voice and on-map. Would love to see this script to be refined, developed further, and add into the One-Click installs, The Aaron! I'm very happy with the background color mechanism, at least when I have the script configured like I like, it pulls the background color from the "Aura 2" color of whatever Token is talking. This means that as DM, I can go around and set Talking emote-colors for each Monster and NPC, for example a Vampire might speak with a black or red background color. Each PC has their own readily identifiable color. My question, can anyone post a screenshot example if you set a Background image? I'm curious how that would look, and what you could do with that; what sort of background would you choose that would work for different text-length postings?