Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][D&D 5e][21+][Tomb of Annihilation][Fridays-8:00pm-10:30pm EST] 3-4 Players, New Players Welcome!

Hi! I'm looking for 3-4 people that want to come home from work on a Friday evening and enjoy some roleplaying with their friends . About the Game: I have the full Tomb of Annihilation module so expect really great graphics, story, and experience.   I'm trying to create a roleplaying experience like Glass Cannon Podcast or Critical Role where everyone has a voice in the playing experience.  I'm trying to start a group of people that want to learn and discover. I don't mind including veterans or first timers, so if you have no experience with roleplaying I'm willing to help out.  Mature content: Swearing, graphic violent descriptors, (M rating on movie boxes).  About the DM: My name is Adrian, 25, I've been playing RPGs for years now. I have experience GMing before and really strive to make it a story driven experience.  The sessions would span from 2 hours to 3 hours. I have the heart of an old man and my body might explode if I stay up too late but if we find ourselves in the groove, sessions could last longer.  I really want a small group of people because 1. It's easier for me 2. I think smaller groups allow everyone to participate and feel included.  Played over Discord. A good connection is a must. We'll be using Voice.  I am a huge fan of taking from other systems and applying them to our rules. As a group if we decide that a rule is dumb or we'd like this cool Pathfinder rule, I'm very open to bending rules. The PHB is not the Bible or the law.  Use your imagination during the game! I highly encourage people to take advantage of the surroundings and venture from the norm in order to solve adverse situations. I am a flexible GM and would love to see creative ways to overcome obstacles.  Gameplay: Player cohesion is really important to any game so I might do interviews and maybe a oneshot before we start the actual game. I also want the group to get together and discuss which classes they'd like to play, discuss backstories, and get to know each other before we start playing as well. I realize that life happens, and sometimes you won't be able to make a session - just be able to communicate on a timely basis anything that may come up to cause you to miss a session. Even if we dont play, we would still get together and talk about the game (maybe have a oneshot with someone else as DM, or with different characters). Don't be rude or disruptive. Be patient with one another. Just be a nice person.  Assume that every character has a reason for adventuring with the others, and will act in general cooperation with them. I realize this campaign is designed for both new and experienced players, and will work to make sure everyone at the table has a good time, regardless of skill level. Applicants: Name: Age: Timezone: Experience playing: Favorite part of D&D: Preferred role/class: A little bit about yourself:
Name: Roger Age: 32 Timezone: EST Experience playing: ~5 years. Started in 4e but of course prefer 5e. Favorite part of D&D: Great stories but most of all fun and creative players/DMs Preferred role/class: Controller/Wizard (but I have played most roles/classes by now) A little bit about yourself: I am a clinical researcher managing cancer trials.
Nick S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Translator
Hey Adrian, I'd be interested in joining you for the game. I've been neglecting the module so I could play it eventually without spoiling the fun for myself, so it'd be a perfect opportunity to participate if you'll have me. Name : Nick Age : 27 Timezone : UTC +1 (Netherlands) Experience playing : I've played 5e since the beta/playtest, and delved in previous editions and other games before that. Favorite part of D&D : Exploration perhaps, I prefer a well-rounded game. Combat has become a lot more enjoyable since Virtual Tabletops as well, with everything going faster. Preferred role/class : No favorites, though I tend to build Melee characters like Fighters. A little bit about yourself : IT guy with an artsy background. Passion for role playing games, founder of  DungeonChannel.com Cheers!

Edited 1515871804
Hi, I'm interested in playing, though I'm not sure how consistently I'll be able to play. I'm in boarding school, so I have occasional Friday afternoon obligations. In a few weeks, my Fridays will begin getting busy, and won't clear up again for another few weeks. Beyond that, I think I'm free. Not showing up consistently is probably a huge problem, so I totally understand if I can't play. I'm willing go with any way that you can incorporate me into the game though, but I understand if that's not going to work. Name: Silas Age: 17 Timezone: HST Experience Playing: Not much. I've DM'd a few casual games, and I've played a bit, but I'm no expert on the rules. I've read the manuals plenty of times, but I forget rules occasionally.  Favorite Part of D&D: Coming up with creative solutions to solve problems. I love being able to do and try anything to make something work. Preferred Role/Class: I'm a happy player as long as I'm chaotic good/neutral. I generally like playing characters that have the biggest problem solving toolbox, like wizards, sorcerers, rogues, and such. I hate playing support roles (unfortunately). A Little Bit About Yourself: I'm in my last year of high school, and I want to have fun. I've loved tabletops games forever, but it's been stifled here at boarding school where people seem to be busy (e.g. Netflix and video games. And I suppose homework too). 
Name: Finkle Age: 36 Timezone: EST Experience playing:   I played 2nd Edition back when I was really young and loved it.  However I had a very tough time getting a group together to play much.  I did play a fair bit of 3.5 but ran into the same issues.  I played pathfinder and had a great time, but now with roll20 and 5E I have been playing pretty much every week.  I have been DMing a Monday night group for over a year now and we continue to have a blast.  I would really like to find a solid group that I can be part of as a player and I am very excited about Tomb of Annihilation. Favorite part of D&D:   D&D has so many positives to it it's hard to just pick one.  With that said though, I think my favorite part is when I can look back and see all the moments of Character Development that occur as the party overcomes great challenges as a team.  The bond that forms through those obstacles we face together often times transcend the game which makes the time we spend together very memorable. Preferred role/class:   I really enjoy every class, but I have always been hugely fond of playing the role of the fighter in the party. A little bit about yourself :  I love to read, watch movies and sports (big baseball fan), listen to music, play tennis, hike, swim, and brew beer.  All of which inspire gaming in ways that often surprise even myself.
Name: James Age: 28 Timezone: CST (GTM -5) Experience playing: a bit Favorite part of D&D: a bit of everything, writing a new character, playing that characters role and getting there personality down, love combat, love interacting with the environment  Preferred role/class: rogue, monk, barbarian or maybe pally or warlock A little bit about yourself: I am just laid back nerd, I haven't played D&D since high school and I did get to play some 5e but it didn't work out, I am a a amateur writer so making up a character and there background is fun, more so if I can get a little silly and creative with it, then fleshing them out and finally stepping in there shoes for a adventure!
Name: Trevor Age: 21 Timezone: EST Experience playing: 0 brand new, never played Favorite part of D&D: uhhhhh  Preferred role/class: don’t know A little bit about yourself: I’ve wanted to get into D&D for years now but could never find a Group and found this website today.
Name: Will Age: 26 Timezone: CST Experience playing: About 3 months with tabletop, but I have ~20 years experience with the system from stuff like KotoR, Icewind Dale, etc Favorite part of D&D: Solving problems creatively and crafting a story. Preferred role/class: Kensei Monk / Lore Bard (I prefer the Monk, but the Lore Bard would be fun too. Kind of imagine him being the know-it-all of the group.) A little bit about yourself: I'm a programmer, just recently graduated from college. I love a good story, videogames were always my favorite medium because of the freedom you had to alter and experience the story. Then I found D&D. Basically anything that involves story is my hobby: tv, movies, anime, comics, manga, videogames. Thanks for the time, and hope to hear from ya soon.
Name:Joey Age: 34 Timezone: PST Experience playing: Since the mid-90s. I have played all editions of D&D, along with numerous other RPGs. I have only run games on roll20, though, without the chance to ever play in one. I hope that changes! Favorite part of D&D: The chance to play in a fascinating fantasy world. I love magic and monsters and ancient secrets and swinging swords. Having a character's personality develop over time is great, as is the actual adventuring! Some good, old fashioned combat is great too, as long as there is still rp! Preferred role/class: Wizard, or Cleric, but I am very open. I just love magic and faith in D&D. A little bit about yourself: I am a very friendly person, and love meeting new folks! I'm a youtuber for my profession, so I am free quite a lot. I really hope you give me a chance and let me play! :)
Name: Jenni Age: 21 Timezone:CST Experience playing: I've played 1 one-shot but have yet to play past that Favorite part of D&D: Character creation and learning how to utilize different classes and races Preferred role/class: Druid but am open to learning new classes  A little bit about yourself: Hello there. There's really not much to know about me. I'm a normal girl with normal knees. I am fairly new to this world called D&D, but would love the chance to expand my knowledge. I am a fairly fast learner. So, there is no need to worry about having to hold my hand through the entire game. I am a stage actor and am currently in a production. I will be available any weekday but need to be finished by 5:40, Weekends any time. The only time i would be unavailable in the foreseeable future would be the one week we do our show. It will only run for one week then i should open back up until the next production if I am so lucky to be cast. Thank you so much for reading this and I look forward to adventuring with you if you decide to have me along.
Hi Adrian, I recently had my Friday night free up and would love an opportunity to get in on a small group playing through ToA. Small, role-play intensive groups are the best, IMO. Name : BP, Bloodied, Porcelain, That B***h, or just Ashley is fine. :) Age : 31 Timezone : EST Experience playing : RPGs in general? I played my first table top game over 22 years ago, and have DMed over 18 years, both with various systems. I've played every edition of D&D except 4th (so. bad.), and I've played 5E for about 2 years now. Favorite part of D&D : I adore collaborative story telling, the exploration of a world full of surprises and wonder. I adore the interaction with other players and the way we can take even published, pre-determined campaigns and turn them around, making them something unique that no other group has ever run through because WE got to make it in to our own. Preferred role/class : I'm what I would call a needs-based player. I'm generally not a fan of pure melee classes, but aside from that I'm very open and tend to be the player who creates something to fill a need the party has. A little bit about yourself :I'm a single parent so occasionally I have to mute myself because my kiddo is interrupting to ask a question or needs something from me. This is kept at a minimum 90% of the time, and with the game starting on the later end, he'll probably be asleep either before or shortly after we start playing. I'm also a writer both by trade and by hobby, so while I suck at doing voices, I will always try to bring something interesting and fun to my characters and the world.
Hello Adrian! In case you are interested in 2 players who know each other, we are very interested in starting a game. If you'd like to chat first to check out the team fit we'd be happy to link up. Name: Michael and John Age: 25 and 23 Timezone: CST Experience playing: A couple of short games with local friends. Favorite part of D&D:  We haven't had much exposure. For me, so far I've really liked going into a mission as a guard, the situation evolving, and needing to adapt to aid revolutionaries based on a player's side intel. Some combat, plenty of planning and recon between characters, and some risk involved. Preferred role/class: I tend towards cleric caster/utility/melee play but at the moment I am interested in trying out Matt Mercer's Bloodhunter class. I can be flexible though. John tends towards casters but has interest in different playstyles. He was interested in rolling a wizard. A little bit about yourself: I'm looking forward to trying out Roll20 and starting a game with others just as interested in D&D. Our past experiences ended due to lack of interest from our GM and a couple players and it was hard dropping the story and characters. I'd be interested in playing a story through and getting the experience of growing with a character. John and I have been friends about 3 years and we game and chat regularly. He is pretty easy going and flexible.
Name: Lea / Leanne Age: 26 Timezone: GMT Experience playing: Not a massive amount in terms of time (maybe 4 months or so) but played in a few campaigns and several oneshots. Good grasp of the game. Favorite part of D&D: Having fun with a group, working together, solving puzzles and navigating tricky situations. I will point out that I don't like to voice-act my characters, just in case that matters to you. I'll roleplay by all means, but voicing them just feels silly, a lot of the time! Preferred role/class: If this is intended to be TOA, I have a forge cleric tortle that I'd love to use. Otherwise, I can fill most gaps. If there was no particular demand for anything and you'd rather avoid the tortle, I'd probably lean towards sorcerer. A little bit about yourself: Another here applying with two people in mind! My other half will be posting his application just after mine. Personally, I'm a teacher currently working as an online tutor. Had been looking to get into D&D for a while, but it was only maybe 4-5 months ago that we actually got into our first game. Been having a great time with it and really liking the idea of trying one of the official campaigns so this looks ideal. I can see you've had a lot of applications already, but if you're still looking for a couple of people, we'd love to be considered!
Name: Konrad Age: 29 Time zone: GMT Experience playing: 4/5 months of 5E through roll20 including a few one shots and short campaigns. Favorite part of D&D: Having fun with the group and finding different ways to solve problems and using everyone's expertise to get past problems. Preferred role/class: Played a bit of a variety and like seeing how others play for me, but largely play melee with a bit of magic or ranged mixed in A little bit about yourself: I work for the NHS but 9-5. Been playing D&D for a few months with my partner. We have 2 dogs and 2 cats that sometimes like to be heard over the voice chat but they quiet down when we tell them. Really looking for a long term campaign to see the development of a character right from the start to the higher levels. I'll be applying with my partner as above (Lea).