Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Editing Post

Edited 1515898891
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5954316/applicat" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5954316/applicat</a>... In this thread, I made a post, and was able to edit it a few times. When I went to edit it again, it didn't change, but had a duplicate of the writing in a single block beneath the post. The spacing was also gone from the original post. I tried a few more times to edit it, delete the writing, and add the new writing, but it added more and more blocks of the original writing. Eventually, I deleted the post. Now, when I try to edit my new post, it has a text box on every post, and all of them are filled with my multi-duplicated post. Then, after a few seconds, they all disappear and my post is left alone, without letting me edit anything. I just want to add a link to a character sheet. Is there anything I can do?
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Weird.&nbsp; To clear the possibly easy issues, would you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!

Edited 1515934012
I tried the first three steps, and none worked. Problem persists on Firefox, Chrome, and even Internet Explorer. I have no add-ons even installed to any browser, and I have cleared the cache on all browsers. I also turned off my security, which is both Malware Bytes and Windows Defender. I started by making the post. Not long after, I made multiple edits as I read it over and found several spelling or grammar mistakes. I left it alone overnight, and the next day tried to make an edit to add the link to a character sheet. I tried to use HTML code to make a link in the form of a word, and it didn't work. I made several edits and saved them to try and get the code working, over and over again, and that's when the problem arose. I will try the same below. Here, I added the code. &lt; a href="link"&gt;Words&lt; /a &gt; It came out looking like this. &lt;a href="<a href="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1454222&quot;&gt;Character" rel="nofollow">https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1454222"&gt;Character</a> Sheet&lt;/a&gt; I tried several times, with several edits, and eventually gave up and tried to just have the URL in place. By then, I was unable to make any edits, as described above. I've tried and can't replicate the problem here, but am still unable to edit my post in the linked thread from my first post. Whenever I hit 'Edit Post' on that thread, this is what happens. My writing, in edit/text boxes on posts that are not mine. It only lasts for a few seconds before reloading the page to normal, without any edits I try to make. These text boxes appear for every post on the page. When I try to bring up a console log, I get the message "unreachable code after return statement". I'm not sure why. I know I was able to have console logs before, but I can't retrieve anything now.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Devs have been pinged and one will be by to poke into this.&nbsp; This is an oddity, and while you're waiting for a Dev to arrive, I strongly suggest a malware check on your system :)
Hi&nbsp; Michael , Sorry to hear you are having issues with the site. I am seeing this on my end and will pass it along to a dev to have a look at what might be going on.
Awesome. Thanks very much.