Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Request] Page Rename

I am a big fan of the map change api but I was wondering if there was a way to use the api to rename pages? Having to manually add or remove [gm] tag to several pages is time consuming.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
It could certainly be programmed, I don't know of a script that does it currently.

Edited 1517278933
Well after much looking at current scripts I found one that can do it but some setup is required. In the api wiki I found a script named  Object Properties by Manveti . The command !setprop -t page -n x name y (where x = page name and y = new name) works. If you want your name to have spaces in it you will also need the CommandShell api by Manveti . Now i have to admit that I could not get the api to work inside of macros so for now I don't use spaces in my page names. For example: /w gm &{template:npcaction} {{rname=Page Rename}} {{description=Hide or Show a Page: [WT Entrance Hide](!setprop -t page -n WaterTempleEntrance name WaterTempleEntrance[H]) [WT Entrance Show](!setprop -t page -n WaterTempleEntrance[H] name WaterTempleEntrance)}} This macro creates two chat api buttons inside a template. One button adds an [H] the the end of the page name and the other removes the [H]. I then have a second macro that does a refresh command on the map change api and then launches the map change menu. All one has to do is add new buttons for every new page. It should be noted that I changed the settings in map change for hidden pages to be [H].