Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[API] EasyExperience issue with level field

No matter what I do the script throws this error all the time: Name's level has been set to 20, there are no experience thresholds defined for epic level play and the EasyExperience script can no longer handle keeping track of your experience thresholds. The script can still track experience gains without a problem. If you would like to have thresholds added, please contact the author: Scott C. via Roll20 In the sheet there's an attribute field called 'level' and it has their current level in it but the script just wont read it out.

Edited 1516125742
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Jonathan, this is a bug I've been having trouble solving. The workaround is to find your experience attribute on that character and make sure there is a value entered in the max field (any value will do). This will stop the error message
that error is the default error for all new sheets that have nothing in the experience field that is by design for all sheets assigned to a player. simply add a 0 or a 1 there and you should be good. 
Scott C. said: Hi Jonathan, this is a bug I've been having trouble solving. The workaround is to find your experience attribute on that character and make sure there is a value entered in the max field (any value will do). This will stop the error message That did it thanks!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
lordmage said: that error is the default error for all new sheets that have nothing in the experience field that is by design for all sheets assigned to a player. simply add a 0 or a 1 there and you should be good.  Well, it's not by design (and would be pretty bad design if it was), but it is how it works till I track the bug down. Aaron and I were just talking about it this morning and he gave me some good suggestions on possible fixes. Jonathan R. said: Scott C. said: Hi Jonathan, this is a bug I've been having trouble solving. The workaround is to find your experience attribute on that character and make sure there is a value entered in the max field (any value will do). This will stop the error message That did it thanks! Glad to hear it.