Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Contacting Support: unable to read or set Data.

This pop up came up when working on a character sheet for a player. Took half a minute and 27 clicks on the (Ok) button for it to go away. I couldn't even come on here to type anything for Roll20 was forcing me back on its page. The pop up has the message: If you are getting this message persistently, contact support. Sorry too bug!
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks for the report, I'll move this to the Bugs forum and kick things off with the boilerplate. Ideally step 4 should come when you are experiencing the issue itself but is always a good place to start for the devs to poke at. Recreation steps are also highly prized. Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
Hi Mad-Imaginative , From what you have outlined here this heavily points towards malware. Something like this where it has taken you that long to click through and make it go away seems very out of place. In addition to the steps provided above, I would highly recommend that you do a scan for viruses and malware.
All steps provided and given have been both helpful and was already taken accounted for before the post was made. I'm not a computer expert, but I have my filling of understanding through the trouble-shooting ages. Thank you guys though. So far, this problem hasn't been coming up, but I'm taking steps to try an simulate the issue whenever it will (if ever) rear its ugly head again. Is there some way that Roll20 can give a "Click Here" notification to alert the GM and/or player when the campaign has stopped taking any information on the very moment before the information is attempted to be put in? I wish I had an internet reader or something that could translate information of what is happening in the background of Roll20 and the connection. Very troublesome this is.. hnnmmmm...
Roll20 currently stores all of the data in Firebase- essentially where everything would be written to. If you are disconnected from those servers and unable to save information, you would see the following in the top left of the screen:
This one has been very helpful. Very nice!