Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

I just can't get tablet version to work. please help

Hi. I have tried to check no add onss in either chrome or firefox. I can see chat box but nothing else.  Have tried the app and cannot edit My character sheet. It is just blank. Then I always get server issue disconnection red banner pop up. When I check the servers they say they are fine. It does take Avery long time to connect to the server. Have also tried Dev server. Have updated subscription so I can use tablet version and still nothing. I have an Acer tablet. Andriod v ersion 7.0 . Have updated all updates. Any help please. I can't start any games. 😓
Outside of the disconnect, sounds like it is working.  There is no: map in the tablet app. edit button for sheets. audio, voice OR sound effects/music. video access. You can: Enter info into character sheets Add abilities and attributes Roll dice It is designed to let you use your tablet like a paperwork organizer, not a portabke game table. If that's what you want, log into your game in a browser, just like you would on a computer. Editing things will be a pain, but you may have better luck than I do, and less fat fingers. NOTE: I was immediately disconnected as soon as I rolled a die and, as of 1hr later, still not able to connect to the servers.
Thank you for answer.   So I will need to basically set up character sheet on a PC?  (Off to library!) But once I have done that there is should be on the tablet version? How do people the hear the audio ? Do a Skype call as well ? I should though be able to roll dice and it take account of my character sheet ? I may need to bite the bullet and buy a PC 😂 Again I am a super nubi and have no clue about this so great that someone gave me some advice. On another point if you don't mind me asking, can you have a bunch of character sheets set up in advance ? As I wouldn't be able to make one on tablet? Or is it just way too much Hassel to try and make tablet work ? Thanks again. Caz
If you are going to do audio, skype/discord/etc, I cannot stress enough the importance of a headset with a mic. Your tablet will pick up every sound, including touching the tablet itself. Using just a tablet might work, but it all depends on how much you are trying to do with it. I don't know of anyone every having done, but that doesn't mean it can't be, or hasn't been, done. PM sent about non Roll20 options that will possibly allow you to do everything you mention on your tablet with Roll20.
Hi Caz, Also keep in mind, that since you are a subscriber, you also have access to the  Table on Tablet feature. This works more in line with your initial expectations for the Android/Apple Store application wherein you can see and manipulate the map, etc. Essentially, you can access the tabletop via your tablet's browser apps. We do recommend that you use one of our supported browsers- Chrome and Firefox. Additionally, WebRTC is not currently possible on tablets as they do not support flash- so a 3rd party voice program is recommended