Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Compendium] MM and VGM access for players?

So apparently I just learned that even though I dropped $100 on the Monster Manual and Volo's Guide to Monsters my players who are connected to my game don't get access to these while playing?! Is this a bug or is this working as intended because to me this is a HUGE issue, especially for the price I paid for both addons. I'm not saying the players should have access to it when not at my game, but in the very least while connected to my game with these should be available for my players. When people play in the store I can hand them my MM or VGM to look something up (heck most stores actually have store copies of the core books that a player can go and borrow like a library), the other VTT allows DMs to give players access to his/her purchased MM/VGM while connected to the game - so I know this isn't a WotC restriction. Can we please look into this and see why we can't give players access to the DM's purchased items?
as i understand it your modules are yours and theirs is theirs did you promote them to GM during your testing. The rest i am unsure to address  
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi GrumpyOldDM, Compendium content (Monster Manual, Volo's, etc) is unlocked on a per-account basis. However, you are completely able to pull items from the Compendium in-app to share with your players.&nbsp; For more information on the Compendium, here's our wiki -&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Compendium#Adding_a_Compen" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Compendium#Adding_a_Compen</a>... And the section most helpful to you is "Drag and Drop Functionality" right below this anchor. Shared Compendium Access (like a DM to players) has been discussed internally, but is currently not on our current dev task list. However, using the drag and drop, you're totally able to share anything from your purchased Compendiums with your players.&nbsp; Please let me know if you have any other questions :) Trivia, Production Coordinator