Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e character stats edited on mobile (iPad) safari DON'T UPDATE

Hi, I'm new to Roll20. My group set up a starter 5e campaign with Lost Mines of Phandelver for a couple of weeks and I created my character on a desktop without any problems. However, to maintain my wife's evening sanity, I moved to a different room to play D&D and remade my character on my iPad using the safari browser. The first thing I did was make stats. When the character stats were changed on the mobile, they are 'temporarily' stored with the value of strength_base having the correct value but they revert back to their default score of 10 after I hit enter or change to another part of the character sheet. When I hover over the stat bubble on the desktop or when I go to Attributes&Abilities tab, it shows the correct value. BUT the stats do not update any other part of the character sheet correctly so all of the proficiencies, saves, etc are all zero too. (Side note: I downloaded the iPad app to try and fix this bug but I think the damage was done) I'm remaking my character (again!) on the desktop for tonight's game.
The Safari browser is not officially supported by Roll20. Try Chrome or Firefox instead.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Indeed.  While Roll20 will work in a variety of browsers, in order to maximize your playing experience and take advantage of everything that Roll20 can do, you should use the latest version of either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox . Due to bleeding-edge features, we are unable to support beta/nightly/developer versions of web browsers.
Thanks!