Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll Template

I am sure I am doing something wrong, but, here goes... I am making a saving throw system to simplify things and am currently using just the basic roll templates to do this.  I have a macro that is a token action "Saving-Throw", this is a menu to allow the player to select the save type.  Here is the code for it /w @{selected|character_name} &{template:default} {{name=Select Saving Throw}} {{Saving Throw Type=[Strength (Paralysis & Constriction)](! ,#Save-Strength) [Dexterity (Breath Weapon & Traps)](! ,#Save-Dexterity) [Constitution (Disease, Energy & Poison)](! ,#Save-Constitution) [Intelligence (Arcane Magic & Illusion)](! ,#Save-Intelligence) [Wisdom (Confusion, Divine Magic & Gaze Attack)](! ,#Save-Wisdom) [Charisma (Charm, Death Attack & Fear)](! ,#Save-Charisma)}} The macros this is referencing are all the same except the display text and the attributes they reference /w GM &{template:default} {{name=@{selected|CharacterName} Saving Throw}} {{Strength (Paralyzation & Constriction)=[[1d20+@{selected|StrengthMod}+@{selected|Level}]]}}{{Primary = @{selected|StrengthPri}}} The problem is that if I test the macro that is rolling the save, it properly whispers to the GM and the player sees nothing, but, when clicking on the menu and the macro runs, the text is displayed both to the GM and to the player, and it shows the GM as the source.  Normally this isn't a huge issue, but I also have a second version of the menu macro, that allows me to select a character token and then whisper the menu to myself as the GM because I want to make a secret saving throw.  The menu is not shown to the player, but the resulting macro call to make the saving throw is.  What the heck am I doing wrong here?
A bit of additional info... I noticed that it isn't just the selected token player that sees the message, but all players. Also, if I make the actual saving throw macro a token action, it displays correctly, in that it will only go to the GM, not to any of the players. What is extra strange, is I have an attack macro sequence doing the same thing and it is working properly...
Ok I fixed the GM version of the menu script!  Wow, weird, so somewhere I had seen something about needing a comma in front of the hashtag.  Well, no... that isn't needed, or maybe it is there for some other reason, but if I remove the comma, then the player does not see the roll if the GM initiates it.  They still see it if they initiate it, that will need to be API if I don't want them to...