Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

A Questionable Merchant Approaches

Edited 1516565310
Matt
Plus
On a sunny afternoon in the Guild Hall, a loud banging noise causes the gathered Guild members to take a brief glance at the door. At this point, they are quite jaded about the strange characters who show up on their doorstep, many of whom end up placing their marks in the Guild's registry of members anyway, so little attention is paid as the door bursts open and Angus Sunbeard stumbles in the door carrying an enormous magical keg. "Friends!" he announces in a thick accent, made more indecipherable by the slurred speech, "I ran into an old compatriot of mine from my childhood. It turns out he's traveling around here as a servant to a wealthy merchant from the old country who might have some stuff that we want, and I got this keg as part of the agreement to let him sell... whatever it is he sells to us." As if on cue, an elderly human wearing a strange red cap and a cravat walks into the hall; his appearance and mannerisms indicate that he is well-to-do, but he seems to enjoy the more colorful aspects of the Guild Hall. "Greetings, good people and..." he notices some of the Genasi and Thri-kreen present, "others. As you may know, my home had been suffering from horrific hunger, poverty, and famine. For years, I desperately searched for a solution to alleviate the sufferings of my people, and one day I stumbled upon it! I discovered a new animal of the land that was not only excellent for food, but also has a hide that makes the finest quality leathers, more supple and smooth than any you have ever seen.. To top it all off, the beast is remarkably easy to hunt! However, there were those in my home who grew jealous of my revolutionary discovery, and so I found it to be expedient to leave there, for a time at least. How fortuitous that these lamentable circumstances have brought me to your doors! I have a collection of gloves of the finest quality, equally suitable for any lofty lady or aspiring adventurer, some of which have some fascinating properties that may intrigue you. Come, I propose that you have a look at my wares and I will see if the modest price of my goods can compensate for my manservant's magnanimity with my cask of liquid gold." This merchant will sell you any magical hand slot item at 60% of the list price (so 40% discount). Please post/RP your purchases below! The merchant will leave Sunday, Jan 28 at 23:59 Pacific time .
One of Ishtar's elemental servants approaches, the air elemental towering over the merchant's wares, the wind around it blowing objects left and right. "Lady Victoria requests a pair of your finest gloves." Its voice blows more objects off the table, and blasts the hat off the merchants head. A few minutes later, it leaves a disheveled merchant and a pile of gloves scattered across the ground behind, carrying a pair of Gauntlets of Blood for his master's apprentice.  Gauntlets of Blood,(Paragon): 12,600gp
A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere from the shadows. With a wry smile. I would like to purchase gloves of flaying Orig 840gp sell 504gp
making a purchase Cin, Gloves of Ice, Orig: 9000gp, New: 5400gp (9000*.6)
making a purchase Landa, Strikebacks, Orig: 5000gp, New: 3000gp (5000*.6)
Mirrakkah goes up to the table and there's a long discussion. The merchant telling her the item won't work and there's no refunds. Repeatedly. Finally, eventually, he sells her Gloves of Eldritch Admixture, Orig: 3400, New: 2040 gp (3400*.6). Because it was her gold and is now his.
Holden will jauntily avoid noticing all references and purchase a pair of Strikebacks.  Original price: 5k, from merchant: 3k.
Nala seeing her hands are rather bare and are in need of some pretty gloves also would like to pick up a pair of Strikebacks. Original price: 5k, from merchant: 3k.
Arathas approach the merchant and begins to talk with him about far aways lands and travel emporium while he picks up a gloves of grace and pays 600 gold for them (original price 1000)
Buying on Yuka - Strikebacks, Orig: 5000gp, New: 3000gp (5000*.6).
Doxjyn strolls up to the merchant with the appearance of a normal human and purchases Gauntlets of Blinding Strikes (Original: 9,000 New: 5,400 GP). During the buying process he decided to constantly alter his appearance and pretend like nothing had even happened, to confuse the merchant because he was bored.
Kat'ch-ka examines the merchant's goods with a look of awe on his face. "These gloves are superbly made! The human-skin exterior is so supple I thought it was elf-skin for a minute! I shall gladly purchase a pair of Dwarven Throwers from you!" Kat'ch-ka slides the gauntlets onto his claws while a couple of nearby people give him uncomfortable glances. Unconcerned, he strides away contentedly.
Initially, there was a debate over whether Kril'ikik would need one  pair of gloves, or two , being a thri-kreen and all. Since Kril doesn't actually hold or use a weapon in their second pair of arms, eventually the merchant was convinced that the bug would only require one pair of gloves. Thus, Kril walked away with some soft, supple, and undoubtedly soon to be somewhat ruffled and torn from not-quite-fitted bug hands Paragon-Tier Gauntlets of Blood. (Original: 21,000 GP, new price: 12,600 GP)