Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Modules are disorganised - All folders are empty

I have been using roll20 to run a game of Tomb of Annihilation which my friend has bought as well as all the other rulebooks like Volo's. We have been playing for a few months now but when I logged in to set up an encounter all of the character sheets, handouts, magic items and map descriptions were not sorted into their folders like they have been. They are all just at the bottom of the journal outside of their folders which are all empty and stacked at the top. Anyone know how to fix this? Also I was looking to run an orcish encounter but I can't find the specialized orc NPC sheets like an Orog, Orc eye of Gruumsh or any of the ones mentioned in Volo's. Are they not included in the module for some reason? Thanks
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Brendan B. said: when I logged in to set up an encounter all of the character sheets, handouts, magic items and map descriptions were not sorted into their folders like they have been. They are all just at the bottom of the journal outside of their folders which are all empty and stacked at the top. Hi, Brendan B. What is the name of the Game this occurred in?

Edited 1516585600
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Brendan B. said: Also I was looking to run an orcish encounter but I can't find the specialized orc NPC sheets like an Orog, Orc eye of Gruumsh or any of the ones mentioned in Volo's. Are they not included in the module for some reason? If you would like to access all of the content from Volo's Guide to Monsters from the Journal Tab of your Sidebar, you may wish to add the VGtM Game Addon to your Game. Otherwise, you can drag-and-drop individual Compendium entries to add them to your Journal Tab.
Silvyre said: Hi, Brendan B. What is the name of the Game this occurred in? It is Brendan's ToA Game. I am not the host just the GM as I didn't have the modules myself.
Silvyre said: Brendan B. said: Also I was looking to run an orcish encounter but I can't find the specialized orc NPC sheets like an Orog, Orc eye of Gruumsh or any of the ones mentioned in Volo's. Are they not included in the module for some reason? If you would like to access all of the content from Volo's Guide to Monsters from the Journal Tab of your Sidebar, you may wish to add the VGtM Game Addon to your Game. Otherwise, you can drag-and-drop individual Compendium entries to add them to your Journal Tab. I am fairly sure my friend has bought Volo's at least since I have the Beholder lair map that comes with Volo's. Indeed I was under the impression that he had every single book added to the game although I am checking with him now.
I have confirmed that my mate has bought every rule book. He can look up monsters on the roll20 compendium that are in the Monster Manual but not the SRD for D&D 5e. For instance he can look up the Piercer but I cannot, and when he links me to the page I get sent to a buy the Monster Manual page. Is there anyway for me to be able to drag monster tokens from the monster manual onto the game board without actually owning the Monster Manual when it is a game that my friend is the host of? To clarify, the creator of the game has bought the monster manual on roll20. I am the GM for that game but do not own the monster manual on roll20. Can I use monster's from that manual in the game by dragging them from the compendium if he enables a setting or something? Thanks so much

Edited 1516590957
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Brendan B. said: Silvyre said: Hi, Brendan B. What is the name of the Game this occurred in? It is Brendan's ToA Game. I am not the host just the GM as I didn't have the modules myself. That's good to know, thank you. To resolve this type of issue, please directly send an email to the Roll20 Dev Team at <a href="mailto:Team@Roll20.net" rel="nofollow">Team@Roll20.net</a> with all relevant details. Brendan B. said: Silvyre said: Brendan B. said: Also I was looking to run an orcish encounter but I can't find the specialized orc NPC sheets like an Orog, Orc eye of Gruumsh or any of the ones mentioned in Volo's. Are they not included in the module for some reason? If you would like to access all of the content from Volo's Guide to Monsters from the Journal Tab of your Sidebar, you may wish to add the VGtM Game Addon to your Game. Otherwise, you can drag-and-drop individual Compendium entries to add them to your Journal Tab. I am fairly sure my friend has bought Volo's at least since I have the Beholder lair map that comes with Volo's. Indeed I was under the impression that he had every single book added to the game although I am checking with him now. Great; it sounds like your friend did add the VGtM Game Addon to your Game. To clarify, the creator of the game has bought the monster manual on roll20. I am the GM for that game but do not own the monster manual on roll20. Can I use monster's from that manual in the game by dragging them from the compendium if he enables a setting or something? Compendium expansions, such as Volo's Guide to Monsters, are tied to the Roll20 account of the user who purchased them (please see Caveats of Compendium Expansions and User Access or this recent post by our Production Coordinator for more details). In your case, I recommend recruiting your friend, who has purchased Volo's Guide to Monsters, to assist you by adding the desired monsters to your Game's Journal Tab . Once your friend has dropped in all of the monsters you need, you will be able to use them from the Journal Tab without any issue.
Thanks