Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Alternative Faction Guide

Hey all been working on a Alternative Faction Guide and looking for some critics on how it works out, It is base on the adventures league faction guide and is expanded to have a larger impact in campaign settings. If anyone is interested in looking it over and giving me a fair critic please let me know. Thanks Here is the first paragraph of it briefly describing what entails. If anyone is interested please let me know looking for feedback on my work. In the world where there are several factions available, these faction seek to further their own aims, to oppose other factions, to prevent or to ensure the destruction of the world around them. Each faction has their own goals, beliefs, and motivations to becoming a major force in the world. Many different organizations can be considered a faction from an thieves guild, adventurer guild, even a merchant guide. Factions are a group of members who have similar desires and goals in the world. There are different tiers of factions in this world. Each different rank of faction is based on the influence that it can have on the world, the more it is able to influence the world, the more benefits it will have in different parts of the world. There are three main ranks of factions, worldly, countryside, and hamlet. The renown of the faction determine the different tier of faction, but the amount of members does determine if they are able to have a wide influence on the world . The faction influence makes it possible to affect the whole world, to just the local towns around them. It is possible to be part of multiple factions, however only if the factions are compatibility. Though if declared a leader of a faction they can only be in that faction. Also at DM discretion and events could change the relationship between factions to peaceful to aggressive. Which could force the characters into interesting scenarios of choosing between factions, or staying with them both and attempting to hide the fact and become a double agent.
well just from a third party perspective on the first paragraph i do hope that the text is not so much of a block and with the thread it could use some line breaks. it also would not hurt to have some one be your editor i did change a few words for flow and some layout but you can use yours if you dont like mine. In the world where there are several factions available, these faction seek to further their own aims, to oppose other factions, to prevent or to ensure the destruction of the world around them. Each faction has their own goals, beliefs, and motivations to becoming a major force in the world. Many different organizations can be considered a faction from an thieves guild, adventurer guild, even a merchant guide. Factions are a group of members who have similar desires and goals in the world. There are different tiers of factions in this world. Each different rank of faction is based on the influence that it can have on the world, the more it is able to influence the world, the more benefits it will have in different parts of the world. There are three main ranks of factions, worldly, countryside, and hamlet. The renown of the faction determine the different tier of faction, but the amount of members does determine if they are able to have a wide influence on the world. The faction influence makes it possible to affect the whole world, to just the local towns around them. It is possible to be part of multiple factions, however only if the factions are compatibility. Though if declared a leader of a faction they can only be in that faction. At The DM discretion , events could change the relationship between factions From peaceful to aggressive. Which could force the characters into interesting scenarios of choosing between factions, or staying with them both and attempting to hide the fact and become a double agent.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
From the Marketplace & Creative Content Posting Guidelines : Only links to Roll20 Specific Live Streaming, Video, or Podcast Content can be shared in this forum Anything deemed Off-Topic by our moderators will be removed. Here are some good places to discuss this topic: /r/rpg /r/dnd /r/dndnext