Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Macro and Test macro Bug

I'm reporting a bug that put differences between the macro launched from the "Test Macro" button and the same one launched from the "In bar" button. I'm using the ability reference symbol ( % ) so, since it doesn't autocomplete at this time, maybe this is a common bug, but I didn't find a topic talking about this. When I hit the "Test macro" button the macro works pretty well like in this image . When I hit the "In bar" macro button, the macro give me an error, like this . The abilities text. arma-mischia: PUGNI attacco-mischia-valore: @{ATTACCO BASE} + @{STR} where ATTACCO BASE and STR are two numeric values (10 and 2). I also have an attribute PUGNI with a value of 3. I'm using Firefox 26.0 on OSX. Thank you for your work. Lorenzo
1390507370

Edited 1390507506
Riley D.
Roll20 Team
I'm not sure that you're supposed to be able to nest an ability inside of an attribute like this: @{Name|%{Name|Ability}} Or I should say, I'm not sure it's officially supported. My guess is changing it to something like @{Zail|ATTACCO BASE} + @{Zail|STR} might help (explicitly naming the Character in the attribute). But...it may not.
Ok, the issue is that it works on "test macro" but not in macro button. The nesting thing was just a test of mine. The strange thing is the difference between the two of them. Is "test macro" not supposed to work exactly as the macro button works?