Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Two new players LFG, late night

Edited 1516682891
I'm a 30 year old, with my 31 year old friend Chris. I GM'd a Master's Vault 5e run with Chris and another friend after watching some youtube tutorials, but we're both very new players and would like to join as players, neither one of us as GM. We're usually online after 10pm EST, and currently have a Half-Elf Wizard and a Halfling Rogue.  We're laid back but open to learning to role play. Let me know if we sound like we could fit into your group. Thanks for reading.
Hey! Nice to meet you , I'm Brandon and I'm a late night DM, but I mean Late night!. 2 am est. Let me know if you are available for them!
Hey Brandon, What days do you dm.
Brandon S. said: Hey! Nice to meet you , I'm Brandon and I'm a late night DM, but I mean Late night!. 2 am est. Let me know if you are available for them! Hey Brandon. That could work for me and Chris on certain nights. What nights do you usually have open?
Hey I'm a g.m. of two games Both long term campaigns on roll20. i'll post som basic setting stuff and you can see if your interested.: Heroes and Horror is Thursday at 6pm ish mountain time: Well the more things change the more they stay the same.the year is 2058. Welcome to the future Humans folly has wrought a very different though similar to the one you know. The History isnt much different upto current present these are the known fact they are either something you have learned in school. : The U.s. still exists but not as you would recognize it, There has been some separation and after a few bad administrations there are parts of it that are as bad as third-world countries. Then there was the Mutant registration act. the Hawaiian Islands became a autonomous safe zone. Mars Now has three colonies on it the biggest and most advanced is after the great Elon Musk:. Musk, Tesla and Century station A conglomerate of Bullishness's with Space Ex and Nasa Have numerous bases on the moon and 3 full cities. The new Luna city. There are 70 space stations 3 that are considered autonomous countries.. one which has become a famous resort and known as the Villa Straylight. The rich go to vacation. It is a tech haven And Run and maintained by its A.I. (who is a citizen of the United Nations ((under article 8679.309)). The "Preservation" Colony on Titan found a what can only be called an Alien space ship 2000ft beneath the ice. They Shipped its unknown drive system to the "International Space Station 3" When the drive was open up a mysterious crystal from the core of the drive caught sunlight which faceted through the crystal releasing a stream of strange enegey photons/particle/? which hit Pharmacoms (multi national corporation with ties to all the major pharmaceutical companies) station causing it to loose its geostationary orbit and break up in the atmosphere. 3 years after the event the "Zombie outbreaks happened starting near where the chunks of the "death-station" crashed. After the initial panic was dealt with quarantine death zones were implemented and world wide martial law was instituted. At present the living human population is 8 billion humans, 3 billion "Zombies and the undead" and 100 million unclassified The "Alien" refuge incident, the ship found buried in the ice in titan had a huge amount of "people" of unknown origin packed like a butchers freezer The stasis Chambers protected the people from most of the damage from the crash once a base line warming happened the fluid in these freezers allowed revivification of these "people" Most of the "people" were dressed in rags and after language barriers were somewhat crossed it was clear that most of the people were common folk from their societies. They all remember bright lights and having similar experiences to what the human have talked about/claim. A dome was built on titan named Babel And the U.N. gave the people who survived Sol citizenship. many corporations lobbied to get these people to join the technological communities. As they hope/d to gain any technological advantage over thier competitors. The Japanese mainland has become a Zombie quarantine zone.New Zealand Has become a "zombie dumping ground as it had the first break out. Yes zombie sheep exist.. Since the outbreak of "Zombie-ism" there has been a larger per ca-pita incidence of Mutation and other reactionary changes (nightspawn, psychics etc.. Some say as a direct evolutionary reaction to. 3d printers were a boon to some industries and death to others. In a supize move Tesla, Honda and Ford released blue prints/schematics for most of their main brands for a small fee of 5 dollars per Part You all come from different walks of life and have found your self in this dark dirty city. The city your in if you could call it that (its a decrepit remnant loosely connected to a bright and mostly corporate mega city of the great lakes of north america) Named Gotham (no ones sure where the name came from but for as long as you can remember its held that name. after some serious global warming the remnants of the former cities in the area are 10 to a 100 feet beneath the waves. The only law in this area is the law of the gun. The only time you see a "Street Judge" is when some ones caused the nice safe city a bit of discomfort. And the Epic Mess is Saturday evenings: Saturday evenings is the epic mess game a rather complex setting involving a galaxy that has be rife with strife. A thousand and some years ago an a.i. war started plunging most of the galaxy into a war that left them dropping from a phazeworld tech level to battlestar galactica/mutants in orbit tech level. there has not been the capability or know how to make effitiant light speed drives for at least a 1000 years. 300+ years ago the bugs came and started devouring galaxy. Picture Bugs like the star hives (more numerous like the bugs from starship troopers or the zerg) but not as tough. they were fought to a stand still but not defeated. The main Reason the bugs were "Stalemated" was do to a supersoldier program created by doctor Salus (the most reveared and infamous man of the known worlds ((once it was found out the cost for his acchievement (((4 sentient species were wiped off the face of the gallaxy for his gene sequecing knowledge, As well as well over 100million loyal troopers/test subjects))). The two species (that the "Salus project" works on)) are a race of normal biabedial humans and a race remarkebly like the Wolfen. they are the primary troops/ warriors etc. (with most othe species in the "Federated Commonwealth" (fed com for short) being support and adminestration and construction. They fed com supersoildiers are very simular to the 40k troopers or people like master chief(heavy aurmor heavy weapons etc.). The present day throws the new players into the second chapter of the bug war. They are back and fighting much more stratiegically. Instead of being like a devouring hord of locusts they are securing territory and pushing forward. with ove half the galaxy /civilizations destroyed consumed or enslaved(?). its a Desperate struggle with the players making a life for themselves and sometimes being seen as heroes (though the group is primarilly selfish or evil with aberant as the most common alignment ((it should be noted i wont allow good guy characters in as i dont want the whole story imploding because of a player not able to handle the groups alignments)).). ok a recap for all: major powers are the Federated Commonwealth there are other races involved with it but wolfen and human supersoidiers make up the primary part of the military. thers still some corperations that have a lot of power but the bugs also are rampant in the corp secters. Theres a thriving black market that sometimes actually does the right thing (matter of perspective though). theres three major mafia families as well (well ones soon to be pretty exticnt) The La Costra Nostra (the oldest and likely most conected Mafia family). The Ta' Duus A family that does hits and runs a fairly profitable drug trade (and others but the p.c.'s havent pulled those strings yet. ((though you can bet Remmington has some reading to do on that respect. )). And the La Luna's a smaller family that (now known to the p.c.'s was working/suplimenting a violent gang called the hacksaws) dealls in any dirty deed (including slavery gun running ripping off the black market, using street irchins as theives etc.) kinda people. (they've lost thier ships thanks to the party. And have been framed by p.c.'s for taking phgotos and interupting a wedding in addition to having a number of thier soldiers taken out by the p.c.'s.Theres a few notable gangs on ginger but only one has the party connected to a larger organisation.