Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Anyone else suffering from freezing and lag?

Roll20 was working fine like 30mins ago now when I log into any games i get like 10secs of normal then lags and freezes. This happens on small maps large maps my game i gm and other games i play in i tested out all games i am in.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
<a href="http://status.roll20.net/" rel="nofollow">http://status.roll20.net/</a> shows that all servers are running normally.&nbsp; Are you experiencing slowdowns on other sites?

Edited 1516774539
GenKitty said: <a href="http://status.roll20.net/" rel="nofollow">http://status.roll20.net/</a> shows that all servers are running normally.&nbsp; Are you experiencing slowdowns on other sites? It runs normally till i open char sheets then its freezes up. Even freezes up This page on roll20 until i close game tab. Other web pages load and respond fine like d20pfsrd and yahoo. Edit: for example this page was unresponsive until i closed game.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Hmmm.&nbsp; Odd.&nbsp; Well, let's go through the troubleshooting checklist to see if any of these fix the issue, since it will e hours before the Devs see the ping I've sent :) Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!)
GenKitty said: Hmmm.&nbsp; Odd.&nbsp; Well, let's go through the troubleshooting checklist to see if any of these fix the issue, since it will e hours before the Devs see the ping I've sent :) Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) 1. using firefox 2. i shut off all addons 3. just cleared catch. 4. Your computer's settings Web Browser: FireFox Browser Version: Firefox Quantum 57.0.4 (64-bit) Operating System: windows 10 free upgrade from windows 7 64-bit If Javascript is enabled: Yes Your anti-virus software: Avira, adwcleaner_7.0.2.1, Malwarebytes List of any browser add-ons or extensions enabled: Addblocker plus, Gressmonkey (script is for kissanime installed), Ublock Origin log from when i open sheet. setting src app.js:87:24223 Show Character View Dialog! app.js:92:15675 --- RENDER CHARACTIVE VIEW ---- app.js:92:2090 Redoing charsheet html app.js:92:4224 1574ms to end of html app.js:92:4884 89 app.js:86:25754 Really updating character sheet values app.js:92:5015 Setting up repeating sections took until 446ms app.js:92:7139 Updating ALL VALUES app.js:92:8112 Finding list of dirty attributes took until 450ms app.js:92:8316 Querytest took until 457ms app.js:92:8675 Attribute cache compliation took until 460ms app.js:92:8885 Set values (including auto-calcuating variables) took until 2077ms app.js:92:11153 Appending to screen took until 2143ms app.js:92:11346 Took 2194ms app.js:92:11592 Loading mixed (insecure) display content “<a href="http://imgsrv.roll20.net/?src=i.imgur.com/h1t4ERY.png%3F1”" rel="nofollow">http://imgsrv.roll20.net/?src=i.imgur.com/h1t4ERY.png%3F1”</a> on a secure page [Learn More]
I am curious if this issue has been fixed or even addressed further. In the last few weekly games that I have run (last night 1/29/18 included) all of my players and myself included have been experiencing this same issue. Massive slowdowns, freezing and even flat out webpage crashes of the game. I have attempted the steps of the troubleshoot checklist just short of running a report but it hasn't appeared to have fixed the issue. I have checked the server pages during these games and yes it showed them to be up and running but this is at least 3 games now that we have suffered this so much so i have started allowing players to simply roll real dice at their locations so that we can alleviate some of the system lag. Edit: Fixed the date posted for game.
SerenitysGHOST said: I am curious if this issue has been fixed or even addressed further. In the last few weekly games that I have run (last night 1/29/18 included) all of my players and myself included have been experiencing this same issue. Massive slowdowns, freezing and even flat out webpage crashes of the game. I have attempted the steps of the troubleshoot checklist just short of running a report but it hasn't appeared to have fixed the issue. I have checked the server pages during these games and yes it showed them to be up and running but this is at least 3 games now that we have suffered this so much so i have started allowing players to simply roll real dice at their locations so that we can alleviate some of the system lag. Edit: Fixed the date posted for game. Yes I am still having Issue but no reply from dev and such I don't see much hope.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This could be related to the bug introduced with the latest version of FireFox, do you happen to be using the Pathfinder sheet by any chance? If so, try in chrome until a fix can be implemented.
I am using Chrome myself with a Pathfinder game yes. I have heard the complaint from my Firefox users and just told them to switch over to Chrome, but the issue seems to have rolled over into Chrome as well.

Edited 1517373856
I've noticed this the past few days. Whenever I select an area to type something in, whether it be the character sheet or the Compendium search bar, it freezes the page for 10 seconds or more. It seems to come and go and on sheets where there's a bunch of things on it it can hang for longer than 5 minutes. Edit: From what I've gathered it seems like Firefox is being a bit shitty with roll20 for some reason. That might be it but I still hope it something easily fixed on either roll20 of Firefox's side.
This has been happening a lot with me and some of my other players.&nbsp; I'm running Firefox but I double checked it with chrome to see if the lag problem duplicated on both browsers and it did.&nbsp; This issue seems to happen most often on Friday nites, Saturday, and Sunday which makes sense since it's probably the most user intensive periods. Here are the steps I've taken: 1.&nbsp; Rebooted my PC. 2.&nbsp; Shut down all running applications except the browser, discord (I use it for voice), and Dropbox (for file sharing.&nbsp; I need all three to run my game sessions.&nbsp; I even disabled my Virus scanner to see if it was an issue. 3.&nbsp; I made sure (as much as I could)&nbsp; that no programs were doing background down loads. 4.&nbsp; I disabled all add-ons in the browsers and cleared the cache. &nbsp; 5.&nbsp; I ran a background stress PING to the Roll20.net servers (1000 ping at 1500 sized packets with no fragmentation flagged.&nbsp; Had no issues with the PING even though I had the same lag in the game. 6.&nbsp; My process CPU usage is running at 3-4%.&nbsp; and memory usage was 65%. I can't figure out what the issue could be and none of the suggestions I've heard seem to correct the issue.&nbsp; I don't want to go back to Fantasy Grounds or try something new like VTT but if this doesn't stop I don't know what else to do. &nbsp;