Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Weekly SF or fantasy game using (ForeSight or HindSight)

I'm getting more and more tempted to start up a new long-running campaign. Who if anyone would be interested in playing if I did? I'm in Eastern Australia, which raises timezone issues and InterNet performance issues. I'm interested in running games and settings that you have probably never heard of. + Timezone I'm in the Eastern time zone, which must not be confused with the other three Eastern time zones. That is, I keep Australian EST (UTC +10) from May to October, and Australian EDT (UTC +11) from October to May. That is generally speaking pretty frightful for co-ordinating with people overseas. Fortunately I work only Mondays and Wednesdays in the afternoons and evenings. So I could run a game in the middle of a weekday my time, which would be the evening before in the USA. Or in the late evening my time, which would be the morning in the Americas and early afternoon in the UK and Europe. + InterNet Performance My method of play leans heavily on the spoken word and comparatively little on the use of maps and markers, which means that audio latency of more than about a second is disabling. We would have to experiment with Using TokBox and with using Google+, and reconcile ourselves to the possibility that it might just not work out. + Schedule I would like to play every week, or at least every week but one in each month. + Game system I'd like to run ForeSight , or possibly HindSight , with some house rules. And I would prefer to have players who were interested in [gradually] learning the system and to use its capabilities, not who intended on leaving all rules and representation issues to the GM. I run fairly rules-light, but I do like to have some engagement with the rules. I could provide copies of the rules, and of character generation aids, through Dropbox etc. + Setting At the moment I'm inclined towards running one of the following. (1) Some sort of science-fiction adventure in my distant future setting Flat Black , which is designed for rationalised planetary romance . That is, it's like the New Space Opera except for being set on the planets rather than in space, and for having stakes and scale that are more personal and tending less to operatic grandiosity. Just now I'm considering SF police procedurals, and "planet-of-the-week" exploration. (2) Some sort of heroic romance in my fantasy setting Gehennum . This would be a sort of fantasy parallel to Dumas, heavy on the swashbuckling and light on the dungeon-bashing
you seem like a solid GM, what I mean is you obviously like to put some thought into this. I would be willing to try but have never heard or played either of those systems if your willing to teach I'm willing to learn Btw I'm PST -8
Yeah, ForeSight and HindSight are very obscure, and I don't expect anyone to have heard of them. I expect to, and am perfectly happy to, provide plenty of guidance through character generation and the first couple of months of play.
yeah I'm a quick learner for the most part do you have any literature on the game system you could give/link me?
You can download the current draft rules as a PDF from the author's website , and that will certainly give you the basics. We would be using some old rules from the first edition, which I can provide to players as a gigantic PDF file. This might include the entire old combat system, but hey! I can also supply the fantasy rules ("HindSight") is we end up deciding to play fantasy.
yeah sorry won't download, but upon thinking about it I most likely will be too busy to play for at least another 3 weeks so unless you're willing to wait, you should find someone else.
Well, I guess that my willingness to wait will depend on how much I get flooded with keen players over the next few weeks!