Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[D&D 5e] Macro for choosing weapon damage inside another.

Edited 1517168529
Hi folks! I have a spell that lets me attack with my weapon and add its damage. So, I`ll be eventually using different weapons with this same spell.  I was wondering if it`s possible to use a variable inside the damage space in the Attacks and Spells section of the sheet to choose the damage of any other weapon I have in this section, when i use this spell macro.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It might help if you post the macro and note what sheet you are using it with, but in general, you want to look at  Roll Queries.

Edited 1517171082
keithcurtis said: It might help if you post the macro and note what sheet you are using it with, but in general, you want to look at  Roll Queries. I`m using the 5E ogl sheet. I`m trying to use a formula in the damag 1 space of the simple macros at the Attacks and Spells section of the sheet. Thx for helping with roll quaries. I`ll see if that is what i need 8)
Is this spell Green Flame Blade? Here is my Macro: &{template:5eDefault} {{spell=1}} {{character_name=@{Alaric Gwydion|character_name}}} {{title=Green-Flame Blade w/Sun Blade}} {{subheader=@{Alaric Gwydion|character_name}}} {{subheaderright=Melee attack}} {{weapon=1}} {{simple=1}} {{rollname=Attack}} {{roll1=[[ 1d20cs>@{Alaric Gwydion|meleeweaponcritrange1} + [[@{Alaric Gwydion|meleetohit1}]] + [[@{Alaric Gwydion|global_melee_attack_bonus}]] ]]}} {{weapondamage=[[@{Alaric Gwydion|meleedmg1} + [[@{Alaric Gwydion|meleedmgbonus1}]] + [[(@{Alaric Gwydion|global_melee_damage_bonus})]] ]] @{Alaric Gwydion|meleedmgtype1}}} {{GFB Damage=[[@{Total_Level} + 1) / 6 + 0.5)-1)d8]] @{Alaric Gwydion|GFBdamagetype}}} {{GFB Splash=[[@{Total_Level} + 1) / 6 + 0.5)-1)d8 + [[@{selected|intelligence_mod}]] + (@{selected|global_spell_damage_bonus}) + 0d0]] @{Alaric Gwydion|GFBdamagetype}}} {{weaponcritdamage=Additional [[@{Alaric Gwydion|meleecritdmg1}]] damage}} @{Alaric Gwydion|classactionmeleeweapon}} @{Alaric Gwydion|ro_melee1} @{Alaric Gwydion|classactionmeleeweapon} You can make some changes if you want to change it to Booming Blade. I made this by using the in built weapon roll in the DnD5e sheet. (Use it. Press up in the chat and copy it out into a note pad or other editor). Then do the same, make a spell called GFB or whatever spell you are using, and use it from the sheet. Press up in the chat, copy it out. Splice the two together and you get a macro like above.